• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UFlyMike Bose Adaptor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One more thing. I see Bose has a new QS3? Have you made an adapter for those and if so, what is the pro/con between the the 2 and the 3? Thanks, H

Bose 2 -v- Bose 3

I purchased a Bose QC3 as soon as they came out. Don't think the QC3 would be a very good aviation headset or as cost effective as the QC2, so we don't intend to make an adapter:

1. $50 more than QC2
2. Requires special battery and charger (QC2 uses one AAA)
3. Battery only lasts 15-20 hours (QC2 lasts 30-35 hours)
4. Spare battery would cost $50+
5. Fits ON the ear, so uncomfortable for extended wear (QC2 fits OVER ear)
6. Won't stay inplace when moving around the cockpit due to ON ear design
7. Despite claims, we're getting reports ANR is not as good as QC2

Mike
UFlyMike LLC

Last edited:
I bought my QC2 and UFLYMIKE a few months ago and I love it. Everyone else I have talked to love theirs as much as I enjoy mine. If you don't like it I bet you could sell it for slightly less on eBay so little risk.

mike. i know that i asked you when you started to build these things a few years ago if you were going to put a mic on a swivel. i know at the time you said no but i was wondering if you gave it any other thought. as a coffee drinker it is hard to keep moving the mic back and forth. would be kind of nice if you could swivel the mic up like the telex headsets, bose X, david clarks, etc...

thanks

I posted this elsewhere before, but I was very disappointted with the Bose support when I had problems with my Bose X. Seems a lot of other people have had problems with it also. I have heard of NO problems with UFLYMIKE and the QC2. Seriously thinking about dumping my X and getting one.

UFlyMike and Coffee

LearAv8r,

Still no plans to add a swivel. We try to keep the cost down on the UFlyMike adapter. A swivel would be expensive to manufacture since our housing is machined aluminum and there would be a number of new components needed. If it were plastic, like most other headsets, it would be much cheaper and feasible. I would estimate it would cost $25-30 per adapter to add a swivel (swivel housing, attach hardware, travel stops, shield to protect mic wires, etc.).

The mic is actually from Knowles Acoustics and is used on SWAT headsets. It is waterproof. Just leave it inplace when you're drinking coffee. Depending on where that windsock has been, the coffee should taste fine.

Mike

No coffee NO workee

A swivel would be expensive to manufacture since our housing is machined aluminum and there would be a number of new components needed. If it were plastic, like most other headsets, it would be much cheaper and feasible. I would estimate it would cost $25-30 per adapter to add a swivel (swivel housing, attach hardware, travel stops, shield to protect mic wires, etc.).

I'd pay extra for it......like you said Mike it would take some extra design but in the long run it would be worth it (IMO).....how about you make a few "test" ones to see. maybe you can do a poll to see if there is a demand for it. I got one of your first run adapters and I like it but for me as soon as I am out of FL180 the mic goes over the head (Telex) and I use the hand mic.

Maybe even a retro-fit option...

anyway thanks for the reply

Lear-

Latest resources

Back