UAX Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aztruck

It appears that the jump seat on uax a/c is reserved for mainline only, Anyone else having similar problems getting to work?
If this is the case it seems that it violates all reciprocating jump seat agreements and urge all uax ca's to deny United mainline their jumpseat until this is reversed.
I hope this is a CASS error and will be resolved soon.

What are the specifics?

I know that sometimes (meaning sometimes) that the guy requesting the j/s is from a company that does not have an agreement with UAL so the gate agent can't place that person in the system...however it does not mean that the company does not have an agreement with the UAX carrier (sorry for the double negative). If they do have an agreement with the UAX carrier and not UAL then you need a CA who is not afraid to make a decision to get you on.

Are you a UAX pilot?

If so this is a well-known computer glitch in APOLLO. There is a procedure to ensure that you do not get bumped by an offline/mainline pilot, contact your JS coordinator for details.

Not following your logic here. A UAX carrier denied you the jumpseat and you want UAX to ban UAL pilots form their jumpseats????

I am uax. Last 2 times tried to list for J/S once on Mesa and once on RAH. computer showed not autherised for JS reserved for mainline only, so had to list in the back. If flights had been full would not have made it on. Am hoping it is a glitch, just wondering if anyone else had had similar issues.

Your post concerned me, but I just jumpseated in the actual. No problems, other than them having to add ballast. I walked up to the gate and asked for the jumpseat.

I am uax. Last 2 times tried to list for J/S once on Mesa and once on RAH. computer showed not autherised for JS reserved for mainline only, so had to list in the back. If flights had been full would not have made it on. Am hoping it is a glitch, just wondering if anyone else had had similar issues.

Ask for the Captain.

Also you can find the direct Email of our coordinator on the ALPA website. I will send you his email address in a PM.

I am still confused about the details.

Dunno about all the carriers, but there has been some difficulty/misunderstanding with the RAH guys from the agents using the wrong airline code when they list you. There is a drop down list of airlines on their screen. If they use that list instead of manually typing in RP they will get the wrong airline code. All RAH guys are in CASS under "RP." If they use any other code it will come up as "Flight deck access denied."

Look at the OMC card they issue. Under "Employer" it should say "RP" and have your employee #. If is says anything other than that, "RW," for example, they will not have found you in CASS and will therefore deny flight deck access.

If this happens, just politely ask them to re-list you, manually typing in 'RP," and it should work.

Latest resources

Back