Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

snap145

Gentlemen,
an old school question completley out of curiousty. I have these from time to time....who was it that used to fly 328 props for United out of Denver and ORD...was it ACA before they got the jets????

prior to that is was mountain air express...I believe they were a wholly owned of the Now Defunct Western Pacific. ie, the simpsons 737. Air willy aquired them.....as Max = Mountian air express.

V1

Yep, all were Air Willy's aquired from MAX merger. Sold them all because of mechanical reliability and United desire to go "all jets" out of Chicago.

They weren't reliable because of the way we treated them. I thought the DO-prop was great to fly.

They weren't reliable because of the way we treated them. I thought the DO-prop was great to fly.

I'll bet it was. The Darnear Jet version was fun as well. Wish I could have flown the prop. That way I could brag that I was flying one of the fastest props instead of saying I fly one of the slowest jets.

Yeah
I miss to Do-Jet too!
Especially in the summer time when the cocpit panels would fall off because the adhesive that held on the velcro would melt!!

prior to that is was mountain air express...I believe they were a wholly owned of the Now Defunct Western Pacific. ie, the simpsons 737. Air willy aquired them.....as Max = Mountian air express.

V1

Before that, most (if not all) of those 328s were at Horizon, tail numbers 328PH through 344PH, anyway. I beleive QX was the NA launch customer.

Bought 'em to replace the Metros, but the last Metro left the property four months after the last 328 went back to Fairchild/MAX. Replaced both of them with the all-mighty Q200.

The guys that flew the 328 still brag about what a great airplane it was...

FB

Latest resources

Back