• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAUA Orders 787's!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A350s now B787s. This is to shift upwards the "career expectations" of the UAL pilots in the merger with CAL. Seen another way, each plane order UAL makes moves the career expections of the CAL pilot down.

Yes, I know, the arbitrator will take into account not one plane is on the property, paid for, or that one cent has not be borrowed or planned to be borrowed to pay for them. In fact, it is no more than a story in a newspaper, a shadow of an image, a wisp of a whim, a pebble in a strategists wallet.

Then why does it seem in a seniority integration that the UAL representative will be able to spin this into massive growth to create the largest carrier in the world, while CAL's only expectations will be that they were on their way to shrinking to a vanishing point, thus leaving just one option for the arbitrator--place the one pilot left at CAL, employee number 75932, hire date 7/29/1995, at spot 8,578 out of 11,935, on the combined list.

Man, that UAL guy at 8,579, employee number 865FB, hire date 3/2/2011, is going to be crazy upset.

Huh? Lucy, you got some 'splain to do here.

D'oh I was talking about CO, not UAL.. Don't know what UAL has ordered...

I should have clarified. I know for certain that CAL ordered the GE's.
I have not seen what engines UAL ordered for their 78's?
I don't think they have any sort of previous relationship with Rolls Royce so its more likely they ordered GE's as well?

Latest resources

Back