• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Where are they at?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I live the "United Experience" through my spouse and I have to say I worry about the continued health of said spouse's salary.

Management on the station level is horrendous. How can you not worry when Station/Ramp Managers return from national meetings happy as clams saying (directly to my spouse): "WE ARE SOOOO HAPPY!!!! WE JUST FOUND OUT THAT ALL THE STATIONS ARE AS SCREWED UP AS WE ARE. YAY!!"

In other words, at least at this east coast crew base, international station, things run by luck and hard work from a dedicated few - not by any grand plan. The unions are protected from doing any work and if you don't believe me - I can regale you for hours about this. Station management's supreme direction ends up being - "don't screw this up for me - I'm only a year from retirement."

It INFURIATES me because my spouse is one of those hard working, 14 hours a day, with no pay past 10 hours supervisor types and it's a 100% thankless job. Those supervisor's that don't show up for work get about as much respect. It's absolutely the most amazing 8 years I've ever witnessed

Okay, I step down from my rant.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back