UAL wants even more cuts!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
conman said:
Yes Primaris will configure its 737's with 95 business class seats and I believe it will configure its 7e7's with 150 seats. Remember MGM Grand
Air??? People will not pay for the extra's!!!! They want them for free!!!
So everyone fill out those applications and get a temporary job for 18 months before they vanish.
I won't be putting in an application for a place like that. I personally don't beleive in the concept. Looks way to much like Midex for my taste.

With that said... there is a blurb on their website about a seat on Primaris costing about as much as a regular coach seat on the Legacy carriers. Thats bound to attract SOME traffic. AND... they don't have to be entirely successful to wreck the international fairs. They just have to exist.

The world is changing.... What the LCC's did to the legacy carriers stateside is going to happen on the international routes as well. Its simply a matter of time.

As long as airline pilots work for less than longshoremen, air traffic controllers, plumbers, electricians, Mississippi river boat pilots, yada, yada. Then LCC part 2, then LCC part 3. All the dummies will rush over and eventually you as a professional pilot will have the privilege to pay to fly a jet around.

I think General Lee is wrong. There will likely never be the same amount of leverage available to the pilot groups as there was in the late 1990's and 2000. By the time the Majors are profitable again, there will be too many other changes to the industry. Like more LCC's more regional aircraft (90 seat) and more pilots. With flying distributed over the network, and with alliances with other Majors, a strike will no longer have the power it once had.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back