UAL time frame from new hire to widebody FO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

coogebeachhotel

Anyone holding widebody right out of training?

What is reserve like at UAL?

3 yr seat lock on the 737 or the A320. All new hires go to those 2 a/c. 757/767 upgrade possible w/in 4 years.

4 hour call out for short call. 13 hours for long call.

Training center director told our class last week that the UAL BOD approved the purchase of "several" widebodies in Spring 08. I'll keep an optimistic eye out for that announcement, but I'll believe it when I see it. Company has until end of CY07 to announce intentions for aircraft purchase options that were put on hold because of 9/11. I'm not sure how that is going to pan out.

You can move to a different fleet such as 767 however you add 14 months to the freeze but you could move as soon as you want.

You can move to a different fleet such as 767 however you add 14 months to the freeze but you could move as soon as you want.

Seat locks have been removed for 737/320 f/os and they can bid the 767 only (no 777/747-400).

New hires cannot bid 757/767.

3 yr seat lock on the 737 or the A320. All new hires go to those 2 a/c. 757/767 upgrade possible w/in 4 years.

4 hour call out for short call. 13 hours for long call.

Training center director told our class last week that the UAL BOD approved the purchase of "several" widebodies in Spring 08. I'll keep an optimistic eye out for that announcement, but I'll believe it when I see it. Company has until end of CY07 to announce intentions for aircraft purchase options that were put on hold because of 9/11. I'm not sure how that is going to pan out.

First time I heard that one!

Did he say anything about a CAL merger?

They removed all freezed for F/O's bidding from the Guppy/Airbus to the 767. I don't know if that means you can finish training as a new hire, and immediately bid 767. I'll have to ask someone.

They removed all freezed for F/O's bidding from the Guppy/Airbus to the 767. I don't know if that means you can finish training as a new hire, and immediately bid 767. I'll have to ask someone.

I finish the 737 training in 2 weeks and I have already put a bid in for the 767. Unimatic accepted the bid. I think it will probably be a year or so before I get it, but with all the widebody vacancies...theres bound to be a lot of movement. The junior guy on the 767 is in LAX at around #7100 give or take.

The way I read the cover letter to the vacancy bid, it doesn't prohibit me from bidding...seat lock or not.

Scott

Actually, the junior 767 FO in each base is

DCA 7913
DEN 6501
JFK 6144
LAX 7823
ORD 7060
SEA 4699
SFO 7966

I wouldn't be surprised to be awarded the 767 in the next 6-12 months.

How much United is planning on hiring in the next few years (i know it can change in a moment's notice..)

how long to hold a line on the 73 or Airbus? in the different bases?

are there any new planes delivery planned / orders?

looks like not too much growth and/or cutback on the domestic side, how is that affecting hiring

what is the scope on RJ? any 90 seaters allowed?

is it a different bid between 75 and 76 ?

767 seems fairly junior.. what kind of route out of all the bases .. is it mostly coast to coast from the west bases and Europe from the east bases?

then the $1000 question.. merger is it still on the front burner ??

i know lots of questions....
thanks in advance

Latest resources

Back