• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL time frame from new hire to widebody FO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How much United is planning on hiring in the next few years (i know it can change in a moment's notice..)

I think they said something like 300 next year. When Age 65 passes, probably much less, I'd guess in the 10's.

how long to hold a line on the 73 or Airbus? in the different bases?

I don't know. A year or two? Can someone chime in? Denver, I imagine, would take the longest.

are there any new planes delivery planned / orders?

none of any significance. I think we have some A320's coming that were deferred.

looks like not too much growth and/or cutback on the domestic side, how is that affecting hiring

That 300ish number a year covers that.

what is the scope on RJ? any 90 seaters allowed?

Basically, they can fly 70 seat (max) RJ's. As far as numbers, our management is nowhere near the number that they could fly under our current scope. I think they can fly as many RJ's as we have mainline jets. That will probaby tighten up when we renegotiate.

is it a different bid between 75 and 76 ?

no

767 seems fairly junior.. what kind of route out of all the bases .. is it mostly coast to coast from the west bases and Europe from the east bases?

yes

then the $1000 question.. merger is it still on the front burner ??

Merger is possible with any legacy carrier- we're just the only ones that discuss it openly and publicly. Although I think the Delta CEO was just quoted as saying that a merger is on the "front burner" for those guys now. If fuel prices keep going up and/or the economy heads for a no-$hit slowdown, I suspect we'll all be looking for dancing partners.

Good luck.

You may want to do a real quick search for the words "FURLOUGH" and "UNITED."

That will likely answer your question...

Last edited:
Not just United may/will furlough....just curious why this thread was opened up again....last post was 11/2007 and now it is opened up again...are we bored?

Last edited:
You may want to do a real quick search for the words "FURLOUGH" and "UNITED."

That will likely answer your question...

Oh he's just one of the Brown Box Haulers, a really funny guy.

I'll do him the same favor after a few more of those UPS Displacement bids come out and he's sittin' sideways pullin' pneumatic levers on the DC-8.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, you understand...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back