• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL - shut down completely?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has it been this bad in the last 6 years? Yes, no plan for the future. No aircraft orders in the future, no plans except shrink. Today the pieces of UAL are worth more than the whole. Tilton's loyalty is to himself and the share holders(how many are left?). The only way he can get a return for the share holders value is to sell off the pieces, which is the next step. Ual's days are numbered, everyone there is in a state of denial. Everyone needs to be looking for a new career, at UAL the party is over.

Please post something intelligent...UAL's days numbered?......did you get turned down?..or did you even get the interview?

Actualy mccain = 400 oil obama = 250
the reason. bush still have another 7 months in office and difinetly another war in him and this one is gonna be BIG and LONG.

Uh, yeah. I can definitely see a democratic congress lining up to back another major war right before a major election that they currently can't lose.

They may have repeatedly and steadfastly backed the current one, but I don't see them throwing away their majority over another one. No way, no how.

Moving on (.org) . . . I think Mike Boyd's most recent rant stated an obvious truth (as MB is wont to do) . . . airlines in the US are contracting PERMANENTLY in response to permanent fuel increases.

Going to suck for the legacies. Going to REALLY suck for the so called "regionals".

Last edited:
Uh, yeah. I can definitely see a democratic congress lining up to back another major war right before a major election that they currently can't lose.

They may have repeatedly and steadfastly backed the current one, but I don't see them throwing away their majority over another one. No way, no how.

Moving on (.org) . . . I think Mike Boyd's most recent rant stated an obvious truth (as MB is wont to do) . . . airlines in the US are contracting PERMANENTLY in response to permanent fuel increases.

Going to suck for the legacies. Going to REALLY suck for the so called "regionals".
Well america doesn't necceralliy have to start this one however they're commited to back the party that starts it and that's how you get pulled in to a mess.

Well america doesn't necceralliy have to start this one however they're commited to back the party that starts it and that's how you get pulled in to a mess.

Oh, I see.

The majority parties in both the House and Senate have no ability to start or stop a war, even though the Constitution specifically delegates that power to them and them alone. Or maybe they just backed it because they're gutless cowards who are afraid to take a political risk?

Otherwise we have an elected dictator who is unanswerable to anyone. (not).

LOL. What party and what denial? WTF are you talking about?

That there is a UNITED to hold on to. Look at what is going on, the company is shrinking around them, the union has no balls. The senior pilots are willing to throw the junior, previously furloughed brothers to the wolves. That place is F%&*&^ up.

That there is a UNITED to hold on to. Look at what is going on, the company is shrinking around them, the union has no balls. The senior pilots are willing to throw the junior, previously furloughed brothers to the wolves. That place is F%&*&^ up.

Please explain to me how the senior pilots have thrown the junior pilots to the wolves.

Start looking for your next gig

Been hearing that for about 7 years.

We are hitting trigger points faster than anticipated. the big boys will preserve enough cash for the preset exit strategy. I wish I only had seven years tied to this sinking ship.

I have a friend that got tossed out there in the job market about two months ago, and I will tell you it is not pretty. If you are not a Captain, the job market internationally is very thin. Domestically get ready for a Comair right seat. The Corporates and 135 boys have had enough of 121 guys for awhile.

Latest resources

Back