• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Though our management at CAL have become a ruthless bunch of spiteful pr!cks, they are not stupid enough to take over United's balance sheet. I think all CAL wants is their Pacific ops. and west coast presence. I have nothing against United pilots and would push our union to take the pilots that would come with any sort of asset acquisition. Tilton is the worst thing to ever happen to United and I feel sorry for all lives he has ruined. HOW HAS HE NOT BEEN FIRED?!

I thought John Tague was running UAL now. Ask any former ATA pilot about Tague. We called him "the closer."

Tilton is the worst thing to ever happen to United and I feel sorry for all lives he has ruined. HOW HAS HE NOT BEEN FIRED?!

I'm sure someone is getting an offer package and the press releases ready for his next job, probably a cushy board seat somewhere.

But, what do I know? I've been predicting UAL to go TU since Clinton was President.

I think all CAL wants is their Pacific ops. and west coast presence.

What a twisted effed up web the airlines weave. Weren't United's Pacific operations bought from a cash strapped Pan Am back in the '80's?

They have been hanging on for years but the difference this time is management WANTS to get rid of the airline. They have no interest in running the company whatsoever; they just want to get rid of it. Loads are near 100% with them still losing money. They are all out of ideas.

I have no idea how much truth there is to this.

"UAL a whooley owned subsidieray of United Corp annuonced yestersday that it has just fired its bankruptcy coucil and expects to return to double profitibility next quatter. In light of this new informantive information UAL has announced that all stewdards will be fired and all stuardises will be replaced by Hooooters waiteresess. This announcement was accompanied by another annoucement stating that all RJ flying will be stopped immediatly (meaning now) and replaced with new 777 and -400 routes. Gate Garbage will also looose its contract and crew meals will be catered by Moes and Five Guys. The new TA is anything SWA gets but better."

This was sent to me in an email. I can't tell you my souce but its probably most likely true.

What a twisted effed up web the airlines weave. Weren't United's Pacific operations bought from a cash strapped Pan Am back in the '80's?

And up until the late 1980's Continental was LAX, DEN and IAH with several Asian/Pacific routes out of LAX.

I have no idea how much truth there is to this.

"UAL a whooley owned subsidieray of United Corp annuonced yestersday that it has just fired its bankruptcy coucil and expects to return to double profitibility next quatter. In light of this new informantive information UAL has announced that all stewdards will be fired and all stuardises will be replaced by Hooooters waiteresess. This announcement was accompanied by another annoucement stating that all RJ flying will be stopped immediatly (meaning now) and replaced with new 777 and -400 routes. Gate Garbage will also looose its contract and crew meals will be catered by Moes and Five Guys. The new TA is anything SWA gets but better."

This was sent to me in an email. I can't tell you my souce but its probably most likely true.

Well, it sounds like one of those Nigerian widows trying to enlist my help in
securing her late husband's fortune. Man there sure are a lot of them.

I don't know about the inner workings of UAL, but as a frequent passenger and occasional jump seater, their flights sure are full. And they can't make money? Makes you go hmmm.

No way. Worse case for United is a merger, especially with this administration. Best of luck to all at UAL. Hope to see the good days back in your near future.

Latest resources

Back