UAL RFP results?

hou757

Total Time
much
Anything been announced on the results of the United RFP? Keep hearing rumors it's XJT and/or ASA?

flyboyzz1

Total Time
#
no one even knows if they are going to xncl Mesas contract....

USCtrojan

Banned
KolobWestwind
Total Time
Mucho
XJT stock shot up 20% yesterday. SkyW stock was on a tear as well, but it has cooled off. It wouldn't surpise me one bit if both (ASA/XJT) got some flying. Unless of course SkyW Inc. floated UAL some cash....In that case I would expect an Inc. only party.

Trojan

79%N1

Total Time
2 many
Who wants to bet me NOT ASA!

FlyMeSWA

Giddy-up
Total Time
2000+
FWIU the announcement will be mid oct

SPDBRD747400

World's Favourite Airline
Total Time
mucho
Mesa Sucks!

777forever

Total Time
Contract for 26 Mesa CRJ 200s ends April 2010. ASA gets 20 CRJ 200s released from Delta contract April 2010. Coincidence?

BTW I heard the new ASA wings and hat emblem have been ordered since we're no longer solely Delta Connection!

OCP

Total Time
eh...
BTW I heard the new ASA wings and hat emblem have been ordered since we're no longer solely Delta Connection!
Yeah been hearing that since SKY bought us years ago.

Abernathy

Truthiness
Total Time
Lots
Remember when Mesaba ordered a bunch of pilots for 10 CRJ-900s they never got?

Last edited:

hou757

Total Time
much
So the winning bid won't be announced until mid October?

RedDogC130

Total Time
enough
I love bets on who will get to ruin this industry.....do feel like a winner....but you are really the loser....

JumpersAway

Cruise Bores Me.......
Total Time
9000++
I love bets on who will get to ruin this industry.....do feel like a winner....but you are really the loser....
Hey- the regional flying is out there to be flown..........not more scope errosion from mainline. They gave it up, and it will be flown by someone. So why not a company with a good contract and decent pay, as opposed to a standard lowering outfit that continues to undercut the lowest of the low??????????????

JoeMerchant

ASA pilot
Total Time
14000+
SWA pilots were the first "major" to work without an A fund pension plan...which undercut the "legacy" carriers...Pot meet kettle.

JoeMerchant

ASA pilot
Total Time
14000+
XJT stock shot up 20% yesterday. SkyW stock was on a tear as well, but it has cooled off. It wouldn't surpise me one bit if both (ASA/XJT) got some flying. Unless of course SkyW Inc. floated UAL some cash....In that case I would expect an Inc. only party.

Trojan
I think there is a better than 50/50 chance that Skywest may help United out...It wouldn't be the first case of the tail starting to wag the dog...

79%N1

Total Time
2 many
And as a mighty 737 pilot for Southwest...............what the fluck do you care what happens at the Regionals, and why do you bother to waste your precious free time to post on it? Are you related to General Wee?