• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL pilots treatment to Hudson FO...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In my experience UAL is the only pilot group which consistently tries to get offline jumpseaters in first class. I have commuted for years and I can't think of any other airline where the captains routinely care whether or not you end up in a middle seat in coach or the empty one up in first. Obviously beggars can't be choosers but it's nice to see crews go out of there way to put jumpseaters in a comfortable seat while heading to or from work.....

I was flying this week and over heard a conversation on 123.45 between a USAir pilot and a UAL pilot.

Basically, the USAir pilot wanted to thank the UAL pilots for treating the Hudson FO (Skiles ?) like a VIP. Apparently, Skiles commutes on UAL through ORD, and on his way home, through ORD, a UAL ALPA volunteer met Skiles at the gate and .....this is where it got broken up.....but either had a heros welcome, or welcome banner, or something.....but whatever it was, the UAL ALPA took the time to thank him and acknowledge him for a great job and let him know he is not forgotten.

The USAir pilots thanked the UAL pilots, and away they went.

I just thought it was a class act by UAL pilots, as well the USAir pilots, and thought I would share this to all of you.

It's great to hear stories positively reflecting the fraternity of our industry. Hats off to the UAL folks for their professional hospitality.

Living in domicile, I have had very few opportunities to jump seat, but each time I have I have been warmly welcomed by the crew (if not always by the gate agents) and have come away from the experience reminded of the professional brotherhood we share. I'm heartened to read stories such as this and hope it always continues.

BBB

........and the winner for the 2009 ALPA safety award after a mishap in 2009 goes to these guys-- i mean really , why even have any other applicants--- they should start reserving their hotel rooms for the awards banquet!!. and usair isnt even alpa anymore-- this will prob be a first a non-alpa crew that wins the award-- anyone know of this happening previously?

nice job homies!!!

Often an accident shows everything that is wrong with this industry...but every now and then, maybe that one time in a hundred, it shows everything that is right.

support us when we strike

I sure will!!!!!!! Ive never had a bad experience with a United crew.Wether it ben in the airport,jumpseat, or hotel van. They have all treated me with respect. i remember I was jump seating from LAX to JFK..

Me: Hey guys I'm "insert name* with MESA. I'm wondering If I can catch a ride you you folks today

Capt: Sure! anytime! What equipment are you on?

Me: Embraer 145.

Capt: So I take it you don't want to take this Leg?!?!

Me: Ha ha one day..one day

Capt: If there is a open seat in 1st class take one

*full sleeper seats on a 757*

Me: Thanks guys I appreciate it

I wouldn't mind working there in the future

Latest resources

Back