• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL pilots thread closure

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So now the pendulum must swing in the other direction?
I don't think the pendulum should swing to the extreme in the other direction. However, it does, and it is a reality we get to live with. The ones that make the decisions are far above (and far below) my pay grade.

and here we have it... The feminists favorite ally, the Gay man.

I don't consider myself a feminist. I don't have time for that. I do think it's funny that men can be propositioned the same way I have been for the last upteen years. "No, I won't sleep with you in order to fly your POS aircraft."

And until a few lost lawsuits, a female with 10,000 hours wouldn't get the time of day at UAL.

My junior year at high school, the FEMALE vice principal of the school pulled me out of a math class because "girls don't need math". She refused to allow me to take any science, as "girls don't need science classes, you've already met the graduation requirement". I was supposed to take 'home ec' and 'child behaviorism'. This wasn't thirty years ago. Discrimination against each other is alive and well, and females are far more vicious to other females than men have ever been.

Too often the response to discrimination is to reverse-discriminate. This is why UAL hired the 10 hour just-soloed student pilots to be Captains -- UAL had a hard time getting applicants that were qualified and were willing to put up with the bull hockey that the pilot and management cadre were going to shove down their throats. Add to that a whole list of 'tests' where the first one of whatever type has to constantly prove themselves. Constantly -- no end. If you fart at the wrong time, it's proof '[insert minority type here] can't handle the job. Can we say 'hostile work environment'?

Women still are not allowed into certain combat positions in the military. There are a whole bunch of excuses behind this, including the guys will put themselves at risk to protect the females. Yet, reading the Medal of Honor stories, there are a bunch of guys putting themselves at extreme risk to protect their male buddies. 'The public doesn't want to see their mothers and sisters getting killed in war' is another excuse. Like any of us want to see our fathers and brothers getting killed -- that's okay??!! Everyone in Switzerland serves in the military -- male or female, it doesn't seem like that country is falling apart because the females serve in combat.

There is one small side benefit to the gay rights movement. Now guys are getting the offer of flying right seat in whatever jet with the condition of having to sleep with the 50 y/o, fat, balding, captain.

I've flown with women in time of war and peace and I can tell you that women have no place in combat. V70T5's post listing some of the reason's is right on but only scratches the surface with many of the problems that exist having women serve in combat role's.

I've flown with women in time of war and peace and I can tell you that women have no place in combat. V70T5's post listing some of the reason's is right on but only scratches the surface with many of the problems that exist having women serve in combat role's.

On the whole subject (which is a bit off topic) of women in combat, I'll take my prior comments a bit further with this anecdote.

Having myself only worked as a driver for an Colonel in the Army, who was the Brigade Commander of my unit and by def. also the Base Commander. I was privileged to many a conversations on the effects of women's effects on unit readiness, one of which comes to memory where the ADC (then Brig. William Nash, who went on to make LTG and command ground forces in Kosovo) was on the post inspecting and wanted to know why the 501st Support Battalion (the only integrated union in our Armor Brigade) was having a hard time being ready to deploy on a 1 month "field problem" in Hoenfels.. The story was that some percentage (I forget) of the women which made up a large part of the Battalion were with child, most of which was with their male counterparts and not as a result of being married. The unit was awaiting a new group of arrivals to fill their various companies to their "Battle Ready" staffing.

Now, that's a Support Battalion with mechanics, medical, transport, fueling, occupations that are supporting the combat battalions..

Why should we expect anything different if a Armor Battalion (where a tank REQUIRES 4 members to operate) would be any different?

People are People, and when you get men and women together, it's unavoidable.. The other negative side effect to all of this is the rampant abortions that occur as a result of women fearing reprisals from their CO's for getting pregnant. There was an abortion clinic right off post that had the majority of its customers come from the US Base and no the German civilian public.. what does that tell you?

Whether you choose to believe it's God, or Nature.. Woman was created for a different role than Man. Historically these roles evolved over millions of years.. you can't undo that many years of evolution with social engineering programs.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back