• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess Bush because there were four airline strikes on his watch:
Comair
Northwest
Polar
World

Comair went on strike less than two months after W took office.

Northwest PILOTS never went on strike durring the Bush years- but the mechanics did, and the airline didn't shut down. The mechanics were largely replaced by scabs and mx was outsourced.

Polar???? How did you buy a ticket on Polar? Exactly- couldn't be done. Freight only, and boxes don't vote, so hense, the ability for them to strike.

World- please reference the above. Soldiers and boxes was their game- not civilians that had the ability to criticize the administration openly about labor or any sort of strike. Nobody but the employees there knew they walked................Many in the industry didn't even know it happened!

Great move...It was about time.

Star US pilot job distinction Alliance.....thats the new name.

with substandard pilot wages from thirld world countries United Airlines sell tickets all over South and Central America...Corrupt union in this parts of the world are thriving.

Latest example? Copa Airlines Union leadership and its new contract.

I guess Bush because there were four airline strikes on his watch:
Comair

Comair was released under the Clinton NMB. The Bush NMB wasn't in place until months after the Comair strike. Remember, the President doesn't release employee groups to strike, the NMB does, and it takes 6-18 months for a new President to put his new people in place on the NMB.

Northwest

Management wanted that strike. They wanted to break AMFA, outsource more maintenance, and get rid of the mechanics that they didn't want. So, as always with a Bush, management gets what they want. The NMB did exactly as big business wanted them to do.

Polar
World

As someone mentioned above, not really "airline" strikes. Polar is a cargo carrier (and virtually unknown to those not in the industry), and World does a mix of both passengers and cargo, but most of their passenger operations are military. The military operations couldn't be legally struck, so they kept going.

I think Hepner is wrong for going it alone. It's either a genius move that puts pressure on management, or it's a genuine disconnect between our MEC's that will be harmful to everyone. I'm concerned that this disconnect will grow unless our MEC's can work through this issue with help from Moak. If not, I see the CAL side nuking the whole thing, going it alone and getting 'theirs'. Welcome USAir/AW part II. I just can't imagine that being a good deal. Here's to hoping that we'll set aside our differences and become one strong unified group one day. Beers on me........

I think Hepner is wrong for going it alone. It's either a genius move that puts pressure on management, or it's a genuine disconnect between our MEC's that will be harmful to everyone. I'm concerned that this disconnect will grow unless our MEC's can work through this issue with help from Moak. If not, I see the CAL side nuking the whole thing, going it alone and getting 'theirs'. Welcome USAir/AW part II. I just can't imagine that being a good deal. Here's to hoping that we'll set aside our differences and become one strong unified group one day. Beers on me........

See the joint message from the 2 Jays sent today.

Why would UAL want to strike, guys like flop are willing to take a pay cut.

He will give Jeff any relief he needs .

Latest resources

Back