Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

whatitdoing?

Are you awake? Good
Just had a linecheck the other day and the IP said that they had a conference call this week when our VP Flight Ops stated that the order has been made to Apple and they expect the shipment to be made in August. For what it's worth.........

2nd, line check yesterday with same statement. Also, system bid is waiting on Boeing and 787 time info. Right now 2012 has 25 deliveries. 19 737-9ER and 6 787's. Said losing 2 767-2's and 5 737-5's in 12.

Flying 91.5 hours skd, we need pilots...

2nd, line check yesterday with same statement. Also, system bid is waiting on Boeing and 787 time info. Right now 2012 has 25 deliveries. 19 737-9ER and 6 787's. Said losing 2 767-2's and 5 737-5's in 12.

Flying 91.5 hours skd, we need pilots...

There are UAL furloughees that would be happy right now to have a major airline career back. The delieveries coupled with the age 65 appears to be a perfect storm and in the typical fashion of UAL they will be way behind the power curve. I would expect those with less than a year to be using their schedule enhancement hours until they run out as well which will short circuit manpower planning. All this with NO F'ING CONTRACT.

What's that saying? 1 sick call away from the perfect schedule, ok at CAL, maybe 2...

Hoping for all returns soon...

Ya, been flying 90+ hours a month. I'm in the middle of 4 on 2 off 4 on 2 off 4 on......wtf. But I've been doing it almost every month. This isn't a summer thing!!! It's a CAL shortstaffed POS airline thing. Problem is, we're understaffed at CAL, overstaffed at UAL. In fact, their reducing United's block hours and parking a few planes. How's that gonna play in the future? Who knows, but I'm concerned about this Transition Agreement expiring and protections for the United side. Will they furlough? I doubt it, but it's turning into a perfect storm and a tool to spread fear for another POS contract. God help us...........

Simple solution, SOC=70 seater's. Smilton is all out to get the soc and bring in more rjs and then kick more UAL pilots to the street. This wasn't a merger, it was an acquisition of the United brand, hefty paycheck, and UAL's 70 scope(lol).

Ok, so now it's official! Chief Pilot's office in EWR has put out a blastmail, iPad 2 's will be here in August for the 737 first, then shipsets by Oct.

Ok, so now it's official! Chief Pilot's office in EWR has put out a blastmail, iPad 2 's will be here in August for the 737 first, then shipsets by Oct.
I'm skeptical. Nothing happens that fast at UCAL. They've got to set up a power source, mounting brackets, the Jepp contract, ROE for use, and issues yet unknown. They might get a few delivered in August for the PR value and to blow smoke at the pilots, but I don't see it fully deployed until next year, maybe even a year from now.

As I recall, they officially announced getting rid of the -500 at least two years ago. They've still get them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back