• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL offers unlimited INTL Jumpseating!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard that they captains also have the ability to assign any cabin class after all other seats have been arranged. True?

Exactly, What Captain would NOT do that. I personally see to it that any of My Guests are treated the best I can. First if open then Business next.

Who wouldn't?

How do you make it to the gate (foreign airport) to ask for an OMC ticket? Or would the check in counter do it for you? Also, do you have to check in with the purser as well as you board? I wouldn't want to wander up front uninvited with undoubtedly a team of FAMS glaring at me...

I've only done international jump seat with United at NRT, and that was a few years ago, though the process worked pretty smoothly.

You request OMC at the ticket counter. Depending how full the flight is, they may issue you a gate pass to proceed through security. You may also have to wait in the counter area until 30-40 mins prior to departure on a full flight before they allow you to pass through security. You have to pay the international departure fees at the ticket counter.

I would check in with the counter to pay taxes/OMC......then at the gate to make sure you are listed and to confirm your OMC status so you won't get charged - then pursor to stroke their ego (candy helps) - on your way up to the front end crew.

Does the current UAL embargo on non-UAL non revs affect the chance of an international jumpseat? Thanks, trying to do LHR to ORD or IAD next week.

Latest resources

Back