• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL news....We aint dead yet.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spoke with one of the Director's of the Banker's Investment group out of NYC today. They said that their "scuttle-butt" was that UAL was going chap. 7 by the end of April...

Wish it wasn't so, but with the impending war and the fact that no one at UAL can agree on a course of action, it is looking like reality at this point.

I think I'm seeing writing on the wall....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

UAL selling Jet-A to Chataqua

Any ideas why UAL is selling Jet-A to Chataqua? Speaking from albeit the limited frame of reference that my baggage pit affords me I find it curious that they are selling jet A to gas up Chataqua's jungle jets.

Hell, we buy fuel from Delta at some outstations . . . . .

Who were they buying it from before?

"quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Mr.Aviation
REST IN PIECE UAL!! BYE BYE!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where are your manners?"

Probably the same place he left his spelling book!!

Let's not forget that the day after the first Gulf War started, Eastern closed its doors for good. I truly hope that UAL will survive simply because it is one of the great AMERICAN franchises. In March of 2000, United seemed to be hitting on all cylinders and anyone who was looking to get hired by a major airline loved the new contract the pilots negotiated. Now UAL management is trying to abrogate those contracts. This is bad for everyone who flies airplanes for a living. A lot will change over the next 48 hours.....god bless our military.....see ya'all in the desert in the very near future...

#1W

FO LUV,

According to CSFB analyst, UAL has not made an aircraft payment since the chapter 11 filing. In his words, “this is of course unsustainable”. Add back in aircraft payments and cash flow is in the red again big time.

Good luck to UAL.

Splert…:cool:

Last edited:
VMA214 said:
"quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Aviation
REST IN PIECE UAL!! BYE BYE!!

Where are your manners?"

Probably the same place he left his spelling book!!

I believe that was intentional as a double entendre. As in, the company will end up in pieces. I certainly hope not, however, that will be bad for any pilot who earns a paycheck.

Rough Ride Ahead...

Either way, UAL pilots are in for a rough ride. Either lose your jobs during a liquidation and fight with 10,000 other pilots for scant jobs, or have pay whittled down and your quality of life diminished through extended flight hours to bolster productivity... That situation is disasterous! I know so many UAL pilots, many of whom are furloughed now, who passed-up job offers at Southwest, UPS, Fedex and even Jetblue in its early stages for that "coveted" UAL position... I guess hindsight really is 20/20. Of course, nobody could have ever predicted 9/11 which broke the camel's back.

Good luck to all... UAL will change for the WORSE no matter what...

UAL pilots quiting

Another "I know a guy" thread....but:
Got a friend who is UAL 737 capt. Said he knows about five UAL pilots that have quit (not furloughed, not Mil leave, not early retirement) to take engineering jobs, banking jobs etc. Said that the one thing that made the job worthwhile is pay and work hours (condensed version there) to put up with being gone as much as they are. "That's all changing or gonna change for the worse" he said...they felt it just wasn't worth it anymore, regardless of whether UAL hangs on or not.
My thought...what is normal attrition rate for airline pilots to leave the industry...is this unusual or standard??

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back