Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

P3-Adub

Bye Bye !!!
A new developement that will certainly help out those on LOA, other than medical, coming soon. Not sure exactly when it will be official however it is in works for MIL Leave and other leave types to get jumpseat authority. I am sure this will significantly help those of that have pitched in to help in the reduction in force efforts and hopefully reduce the number of furloughs. Anyone else hear anything yet ?

I don't understand. Those people on company-approved LOA already get travel benefits, if I'm not mistaken. So why do they need jumpseat as well? Mil-leavers also get pass benefits to their duty station don't they?

It's the poor, forsaken slobs on furlough that need the jumpseat, or an extension of pass benefits. Obviously they would never approve a cockpit jumpseat for security reasons, but why not a cabin jumpseat?

Do the UAL MIL leaves get pass priveleges ? This only works on UAL? Jumpseat access would sure help with commuting. I know that Special Leaves did get pass travel benies. I applied for a special leave after the first of the year and was told they were no longer offering special leaves even though there were some granted in January and February. Apparently this group had requested the special leave when it was first offered and did not get it approved until later. There are folks that took a personal leave with imminent furloughs in mind because of interim job opportunities that could not wait. With the furlough schedule being so flaky, it has been very difficult planning a true back up plan. A bird in the hand in my case. On a personal leave you get nothing even if it was with reduction in force efforts in mind.

I agree that our furloughed pilots and employees should continue to get pass travel benefits, have they expired yet ? Any word of another extension ? I sure hope that that is the plan. Still have not heard anything yet on additional furloughs, the summer schedule is in place and that was the reason for the holding off to see how things go approach. It looks like we may have seen the last of them hopefully. Now we need to build the schedule to protect and recover some of our market share. Looking at the loads seems to indicate a positive trend. Nice to see such good performance, lets hope it continues !

Latest resources

Back