• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL loss predictions...go ahead chime in

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My-my aren't we a little touchy. Problem with your eyes? If UAL makes it, great. If it doesn't, great. I don't care either way. I'm not wishing for thier demise. I simply don't want CAL to be involved in any merger, takeover, or buyout of anything that UAL might have to offer. Thanks for the well wishing.

Shows great character...

especially when you're going to list stuff that can't even directly be attributable to ALPA. Make sure you add global warming and the Middle East Peace Crisis to the list if you're going to use that logic. May as well go big if you're going to blame ALPA for everything under the sun!

You have got to get them blinders adjusted, or you are related to Prater. I can't quite tell.

Could some well informed UAL type retrace the last 30 years of Madoff clones who helped destroy a once great airline.

It seems like you guys have had more than your share of bad leadership being rewarded with fat bonuses. It's almost like the bigger the loss the bigger the bonus.

Last edited:
Could some well informed UAL type retrace the last 30 years of Madoff clones who helped destroy a once great airline.

It seems like you guys have had more than your share of bad leadership being rewarded with fat bonuses. It's almost like the bigger the loss the bigger the bonus.

Chicago always produces great leaders!

Ya riiiiiight!

Shows great character...

Why, cause I'm not boo-hooing about another airlines problems? Give me a friggin' break. Why not ask the UAL employees in DEN how they acted and treated CAL employees? Let's see, how does a button that says "One Less Airline Can Make A Difference" show character to you?

alpa has been resally sucking for the past 1.5 years in these years:

1. it took a crash to get the rest rules even looked at
2. age 65-- enough said there
3. ual and cal in the whole anti trust immunity case
4. ual lost their a$$ with the court injunction
5. how many airlines are in negotiations 2,3- even going on 4 years--- this is unacceptable-- i understand its not wise to negotiate in a down time, but come on

6. list your own personal airline's alpa defeat here.

SKIPPY

You've authored, promoted, and passed at least an equal number of resolutions at your airline to improve what you don't like about ALPA at your carrier right?

I can only think of a very few CEO's : Bethune, Kelleher, Smith, Crandall who actually knew how to run an airline profitably and grow it. Has UAL ever had a CEO of this caliber? A couple of decades of bad leadership will destroy any airline and the pilots are just along for the ride, might as well been at GM for the last thirty years. I genuinely wish you guys good luck but this has absolutely nothing to do with pilots, it's as simple as good leadership vs. bad leadership.

Can somebody give us the tour of the last half a dozen CEO's at UAL, what they did, and how big was the payout.

Last edited:
There were others

I can only think of a very few CEO's : Bethune, Kelleher, Smith, Crandall who actually knew how to run an airline profitably and grow it. Has UAL ever had a CEO of this caliber?

How about UAL's "Pat" Patterson? Your list should also include Trippe and Woolman, IMHO.

Latest resources

Back