• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL loss predictions...go ahead chime in

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
$350M for the quarter but that's not the issue here. What is Larry doing behind the scenes to try and facilitate a merger/buyout/asset buyout is. I have no ill will towards anyone at UAL; I just don't want any part of them at CAL or what will be the remainder of CAL.

Your avatar speaks the truth!

I believe in optimism. UAL should only report when they make a profit....!!!! So this quarter they will make a small negative profit of $443 million.
Eternally optimistic
OB

funny a day before the quarterly earnings we get this pleasant email to the pilot group:

July 20, 2009

To: United Pilots

Re: Sick Leave Numbers

As you know, as part of the resolution of the United v. ALPA lawsuit the Company shares sick leave data with us on a daily basis. The current numbers are very high, well above plan, and if they continue, operations may be impacted. We wish to reiterate that under the contract, sick leave is only to be used when a pilot is in fact sick, and we encourage pilots to assist if called upon in order to maintain operations.

UFB.

SKIPPY

ALPA is a JOKE!

alpa has been resally sucking for the past 1.5 years in these years:

1. it took a crash to get the rest rules even looked at
2. age 65-- enough said there
3. ual and cal in the whole anti trust immunity case
4. ual lost their a$$ with the court injunction
5. how many airlines are in negotiations 2,3- even going on 4 years--- this is unacceptable-- i understand its not wise to negotiate in a down time, but come on

6. list your own personal airline's alpa defeat here.

SKIPPY

FWIW. the new rest rules will be here in two months. They may have commuting min rest attached to them. It will be a good thing for overall staffing numbers.

I believe in optimism. UAL should only report when they make a profit....!!!! So this quarter they will make a small negative profit of $443 million.
Eternally optimistic
OB

Good one...I like that!!!...and to carry that thought one step further...turns out that smoke and mirrors were employed to full effect. Reverse order image in the mirror gives UAUA a negative loss of $28 million...it's an upside down world today. (I'd say you nailed it,...just in a backwards kinda way!?! :cartman:)

$350M for the quarter but that's not the issue here. What is Larry doing behind the scenes to try and facilitate a merger/buyout/asset buyout is. I have no ill will towards anyone at UAL; I just don't want any part of them at CAL or what will be the remainder of CAL.

Your ex-boss is getting out of the sh$#-hole airline industry. (Albiet to another sh&%-hole indusrty- real estate). Your wet-dream of picking the scraps off a dead-ual carcass are just that.

I DO wish you ill-will. THat next carcass may be yours loser.

FWIW. the new rest rules will be here in two months. They may have commuting min rest attached to them. It will be a good thing for overall staffing numbers.

Yep, but it might impact your QOL, just think, more time spent not getting paid while "working" for the airline, but less time at home.

Well, one good thing that we can get out of a merger with UAL should be their fuel hedger. Maybe he can personally kick our hedging guy's ass before throwing him from the 30th floor of the Smith Street building in Houston....(only kidding). Terrible to hear about the furloughs at United. This industry makes me sick.

Latest resources

Back