• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL LEC 34 sells out their 1437 brethren

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And CAL's as well. Unbelievable. May as well take off your uniform now and put on your suit and tie and report to Chigaco HQ for your new management position.

The 70-seaters are not United flights. They are outsourced flights that put 1437 of your brethren on the street. I'm sure the UAL '98 hire is pleased to hear you fully support their continued pain.

Further, they violate CAL's contractual scope clause which has not been terminated nor amended by any legal authority due to a corporate merger. It remains in effect until a JCBA says it doesn't.

"We" are working? You got a mouse in your pocket? You are not 70-seaters. You are mainline. "They" are management, using 70-seaters to take your flying from you, and now you are helping them to take flying from CAL.

CAL recalled pilots due to outsourced flying? You have got to be kidding. That line was sold to CAL pilots 10 years ago. 274 50-seat RJs later and hiring stop dead-cold. That was something like 8 years ago. CAL furloughs were punishment for CAL MEC refusing JV flying (Aer Lingus ring a bell?). Their recalls are because CAL flat out can't fly the schedule anymore without them.

Wake up. Outsourced flying never returns to you, and never creates mainline jobs. I hope you don't have to go through 10 years of what CAL pilots went through to realize this.

You have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about if you think that council 34 has sold out our furloughed pilots. Just the opposite. Who the hell are you to come up with such worthless and incorrect accusations?

Wow. I am sorry. Can't take it back, but I do extend my apologies to the UAL LEC 34 Captain Lemaire, First Officer Holman, and First Officer Landon, and the UAL pilots I've disprespected in this one.

It is absolutely clear I misread this as the whole paragraph is clearly prefaced, "Management Communication." But my real mistake was to be far to quick to cast stones at UAL pilot leadership and pilots.

No excuses and my apologies to all.

[/B]Didn't read your apology...just fired off a response. That'll teach me to read a whole thread before replying. [/B]

All this says is we are ALL cocked and loaded. It's the most stressful time we've seen in, I really don't know when. This is horrible. Our union (national) hasn't done anything to shield any of us for the last 20 years, and there's a horrible picture out the front porch too.

Maybe soon, we will find ourselves moving in to a new stress (less, can't imagine stressfree) time.

Picketing begins, friendships must be born, management loses!

I'm sorry but how does picketing do any good? seriously. I'll show my unity by voting no on the contract and voting yes to strike. THE GENERAL PUBLIC DOSENT CARE!!!!!!

It's really not for the pubic. If no one ever shows unity and complains in public, the overpaid, arrogant management will always think everything is ok.

I'm sorry but how does picketing do any good? seriously. I'll show my unity by voting no on the contract and voting yes to strike. THE GENERAL PUBLIC DOSENT CARE!!!!!!

Wall St. does, especially when the CEO has been lying through his teeth about how good his labor relations are.

It's a show of Unity for management to see...not the public.

Latest resources

Back