• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it was an exceedingly weak try. C'mon, surely you can do better than that?!?!

Just keep sending in those 6 month updates, and never, never give up. At least that is what Darby says.

Send them updates every six months? I heard that their hiring dept is completely shut down and not sending out Scantrons.

Anyone? Bueller?

Gotta love them flame bait "members" with 2 posts total. Mmmhum, all right now.

This is a story that I have been waiting to tell and maybe now is the time to tell it. In 1985 there was a big strike at UAL, no big polictic's just a legal ALPA voted on and called strike. I was living in Chicago at the time so I had a lot of UAL friends that came out and hung out with our 135 operation. They encouraged me to go out and check things out and see what was happening. Since I had a free ticket to Denver and back I went out to see what was going on. What I saw disturbed me. I was expecting a lot of instrutor/Part 135 types. I found pilots that had G-2 jobs(that was the biggest corp. aircraft back then)Learjet jobs, and the list went on and on of qualified individuals. I had about 5000TT all piston time and about 2000tt multi, I didn't stand a chance with the competition. Guys gave those good jobs up to go fly for UAL, some even got branded as scab pilots. You guys have no idea how lucky you are, you have seen an awesome hiring boom from 1985 till 911. I believe those days are over and we are going to pre 1985 which basically you will see no hiring at all at the majors. Just be happy where you are at and when a scab oppurtunity comes up, which it will, don't even bother, it is not worth it. I will never forget the desperate grunts of those pilots out there saying "it is now or never" yet the biggest hiring boom of aviation happened right after that strike. Be patient you never know what is right around the corner.

TurboS7 said:
Guys gave those good jobs up to go fly for UAL, some even got branded as scab pilots. .

Branding is something that happens to cattle without their choice. A pilot crossing a picket line to steal someone elses job is a choice. That does make them a scab, not branded but tattooed. Tattooed by their own lack of morals and sense. A tattoo with permanent ink that will last forever.

Latest resources

Back