UAL IAM Vote results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boz...What Do You Know About SWA?

Boz........I'm "sitting idly by" making 110K a year working 15 days a month as a narrowbody FO and contributing 3K/mo. to my retirement while my stock options and ESPP shares appreciate in value. Next year I'll be "sitting idly by" in the left seat making 190K as a narrowbody captain. I'm glad you feel sorry for me. Send me a PM and I'll provide you with an address where you can send me a check, (but please help out the hundreds of guys on furlough at UAL before you contribute on my behalf).

XNav,

Like I said in my previous post, it is finding the perfect match between Pilot and company. You have found that. I certainly am not feeling sorry for you, in fact I congratulate you on finding your dream job, there are many pilots beating the door down over there in Dallas just trying to get an interview. I have many friends working at SWA and they love it, but when we compared schedules, pay and work rules, it was clear that they had some concerns.

I am not going to get into a contractual debate on this site, I was simply making a point that IMO I feel there will come a time when things will not be so easy going. Every airline goes on this rollercoaster ride, and I certainly hope I am wrong, but that is the way I see it.

Enjoy your money and time off, you have found the perfect match.

Latest resources

Back