• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL hiring soon?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No...MISmanagement would rather just reduce capacity as they do not have the staffing to fly the current schedule. I wish that the news were different but those in charge seem to have no desire to grow the airline nor compete with others.

is there any truth to 12 737-500's being parked in the near future. I heard this from a UA FO commuting on the J/S this week. He said it was part of the Aloha deal.

I asked if it might affect the recalls and he said no because UAL is already understaffed? Makes sense to me but I was curious to hear if it was true.

Thanks.

IADBLR

Any new updates on when united might begin to hire?

They're still saying later in the year, 4th quarter-ish, barring the usual airline show stoppers. A new hire program is being developed right now in anticipation of the hiring. There are better airlines to go to, but if you want to come here hopefully it will just be a few months longer before they start taking apps.

I've personally called the fleet and the union and no one knows (right now) of any 737's leaving the fleet or going to Aloha, but of course anything is possible.

They're still saying later in the year, 4th quarter-ish, barring the usual airline show stoppers. A new hire program is being developed right now in anticipation of the hiring. There are better airlines to go to, but if you want to come here hopefully it will just be a few months longer before they start taking apps.

I've personally called the fleet and the union and no one knows (right now) of any 737's leaving the fleet or going to Aloha, but of course anything is possible.

Thanks for the info. I do want to come to United.

Never thought I'd see the day when a legacy pilot would say "There are better airlines to go to"
This is a sad state of affairs. I hope that the new leadership in ALPA can help to fix the industry for the future of our profession.
I still work for a regional and I have better work rules than most of the legacies. That shouldn't be.

Never thought I'd see the day when a legacy pilot would say "There are better airlines to go to"
This is a sad state of affairs. I hope that the new leadership in ALPA can help to fix the industry for the future of our profession.
I still work for a regional and I have better work rules than most of the legacies. That shouldn't be.

Unfortunately, even if the ALPA carriers "fixed" things on their end and brought wages up to where they should be, it won't matter. There will always be non-union carriers like JetBlue, Skybus, Virgin, Allegiant, etc., who will use a competitor's higher wages to their advantage, and use that to increase their market share and ultimately put downward pressure on everyone else's airline pilot wages. Until all the pilots in the industry "see the light" and stop the whipsaw (or until wages get so low that no one enters the profession), we are all screwed at both the regional, national, and legacy level.

Latest resources

Back