UAL Hiring Freeze - non flying positions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shon7

Does UAL still have a hiring freeze for all positions. I saw a number of positions listed on their website. Are they still looking for people. If I apply for some of these am I just wasting my time?

Many of the ground personel have been called back to work (CSRs, rampers, aircraft cleaners) at the Hubs and UAL has been hiring off the street for those type of positions for about 2 months now. Also all non-voluntary FA furloughlees have been recalled leaving about 600 voluntary FAs that have not returned to work.

Those jobs you have seen will be offered to any other furloughees that are interested, including pilots. I know of a couple that have been hired as CSRs. The positions are advertised first on a private employee/furloughee website and if they are not filled by those people United then advertises for them on their website and newspapers. So you have nothing to lose by applying if you are interested since those jobs have already been offered to employees/furloughees and no one took them. Good Luck.

Check on the website in the next week, word is they are going to start hiring quite a bit for F/A and Mechanic positions, as well as CSR and other capacity.

Latest resources

Back