• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ual hiring discussion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
New hires that went to the 777 got knocked back to the 756 then farther down to the 737. Either way, they too received the same types in 3 years. Great industry we work in!

For those of us that got "knocked back", being "farther down" on the 737 leads to a helluva' lot better life than those crappy 756 schedules (in Newark, that is). I'll take 16-18 days off on the 737 with daytime, productive schedules any day of the week. All those awful, non-productive, backside-of-the-clock, 12-day-off schedules can stay with the guys that are willing to accept that $hitty lifestyle. I don't miss the 756 or the 777.

For those of us that got "knocked back", being "farther down" on the 737 leads to a helluva' lot better life than those crappy 756 schedules (in Newark, that is). I'll take 16-18 days off on the 737 with daytime, productive schedules any day of the week. All those awful, non-productive, backside-of-the-clock, 12-day-off schedules can stay with the guys that are willing to accept that $hitty lifestyle. I don't miss the 756 or the 777.

I am glad you are happy. Not quite the point of my post but you bring up a good point.

12 days off on the 777? Well, I am sure that is still better than 11 days off on the CRJ and upwards to 6 legs a day huh?

12 days off on the 777? Well, I am sure that is still better than 11 days off on the CRJ and upwards to 6 legs a day huh?

Actually, the 777 schedules typically give about 20 off per month.
Many of us on the 737 can hold 16-18 off during most months.
The 756 guys are down to 12-14 regularly in Newark.

OK, back to the original topic...

I used to get 16 to 17 days off on the 737 before they shifted all of the positions to Houston and I went to 14 and 13 with no commutable lines. I haven't checked in a while but if you were bumped off the 756 and are now doing 16 off I am shocked. I never flew the 777 but unless your on Reserve your not getting any where near 12 off a month.

Lines looked pretty varied for July but hard to say what people bid for, there are some 16 and 15 days off scattered in there but a lot of 12 day off ones too. Depends what your bidding for so impossible to say if the fo's got what they wanted, but seems like most of the 16 day off guys had a guy with 12 just senior to them. Gotta love PBS.

Latest resources

Back