UAL has net profit of $52M for Aug

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez O. Lewshun said:
I am afraid my fellow ex ACA/Indy pilot is still brianwashed from the Indy kool aid parties... It was Jonestown baby and the 'this is my first airline job' types were lapping up the juice...
I just don't like UAL.

Rez O. Lewshun said:
And why is that?

Why do you have to not like UAL?

UAL has been a drag on the industry for the past several years. Languishing in bankruptcy year after year they have treated both the people they owe money to and their employees and retirees like dirt. I'd like to see them go out of business for these reasons. Clear?

WhiteCloud said:
UAL has been a drag on the industry for the past several years. Languishing in bankruptcy year after year they have treated both the people they owe money to and their employees and retirees like dirt. I'd like to see them go out of business for these reasons. Clear?

Nope. Sounds personal. From your time as UAX pilot to the UAL Hate sessions in Brand Training and the FlyI Exp you have develpoed an unfounded hatred for a business that serves the dollar. Business is Business.

For your reasons cited above.. you should also have issue with the US bankruptcy system for keeping UAL alive.

Indy Air management treats thier employees like dirt too.....

My [cracked] crystal ball says that Indy is going to take a dirt nap. UAL will come thru. Once UAL is clear of BK it will renogotiate is UAX agreements.

Many Indy pilots were so pround to tell UAL to stick it. I recall one pilot talking about how high his peacock feathers (my words not his) were when he walked thru the new Indy terminal. I could only chuckle at the BS he was being feed as he asked for seconds.... Indy management never cared about the brand, they just needed to fill the trough with something....

Boys, it is all about the dollar...

More Indy pilots making statements like, "I don't care how bad we are doing, I'm just glad we told big bad UAL to pound sand"

Well, in 5 years AWAC may be (or maybe not) growing again with UAL doing fine. That could be ACA too, with most pilots employeed. Would you rather be flying UAX paint employeed or part of the Indy Air pilot seniority list chop shop?

Time will tell, but right now, the decision to dump UAL looks B-A-D.

You want to hate someone or a group or someones - hate the NY Yankees, or that sombich Bin Laden. Hoping for the downfall of others for some real or perceived personal gain is a bit pathetic. I don't wish anything but success for Independence Air.

skykid said:
You want to hate someone or a group or someones - hate the NY Yankees, I don't wish anything but success for Independence Air.

Now you have to get Nasty......

First how can you hate the NY Yankees for donating 1MM to Katrina victims? In addition, they have worked hard to lead the division finally, with thier up and downs all year.... Now how long they stay thier is another story....

As far as Indy.. I wish them success but pragmatism says otherwise. I call it like I see it... They have alot of problems to overcome, that is just the way it is...

I don't hate the Yankees for donating money. I hate them for just being the NY Yankees. I also hate the Dodgers, and all Ivy league football teams.

Latest resources

Back