• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL/CAL SLI hearings -- Cont'd from Day One:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just curious, do you UAL guys really think non working pilots furloughed from a less financially healthy carrier should be integrated in front of junior captains and senior FOs at the more financially viable one? Or even that working reserve FOs on the most junior equipment at the first carrier should be integrated senior to captains at the other? Whatever the case it's out of our hands...

Just curious, do you UAL guys really think non working pilots furloughed from a less financially healthy carrier should be integrated in front of junior captains and senior FOs at the more financially viable one? Or even that working reserve FOs on the most junior equipment at the first carrier should be integrated senior to captains at the other? Whatever the case it's out of our hands...

Short answer - yup.

We'll see in SEP - good luck to you as well.

Can you give me a reasonable explanation for this? Besides the longevity argument, what about status/category and career expectations? How can you honestly see a furlough coming off the street to a Captain or senior FO position? So, a furlough comes back ahead of an active pilot, and now the company furloughs, should the originally active pilot now be furloughed instead of the previously furloughed pilot? I am not throwing flamebait, just looking for an honest explanation.

Can you give me a reasonable explanation for this? Besides the longevity argument, what about status/category and career expectations? How can you honestly see a furlough coming off the street to a Captain or senior FO position? So, a furlough comes back ahead of an active pilot, and now the company furloughs, should the originally active pilot now be furloughed instead of the previously furloughed pilot? I am not throwing flamebait, just looking for an honest explanation.

Doesn't really matter what we think - 3 dudes behind a desk will huddle up and come up with the real Seniority List. In SEP we will see it and live with it for the rest of our careers.
I guarantee it will NOT look like anything like the CAL version. something a little more sane will be presented this week.
Good Luck to is all.

Doesn't really matter what we think - 3 dudes behind a desk will huddle up and come up with the real Seniority List. In SEP we will see it and live with it for the rest of our careers.
I guarantee it will NOT look like anything like the CAL version. something a little more sane will be presented this week.
Good Luck to is all.

3 or 4 post ago, it seemed to matter to you! Another good bow out from a UAL guy who can't honestly come up with a reason for what they want or expect. Yes, it will be decided by three arbitrators, but the thought of UAL MEC putting out a sane list is purely in the eye of the beholder!

3 or 4 post ago, it seemed to matter to you! Another good bow out from a UAL guy who can't honestly come up with a reason for what they want or expect. Yes, it will be decided by three arbitrators, but the thought of UAL MEC putting out a sane list is purely in the eye of the beholder!

Sounds good - take care.

Latest resources

Back