• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL/CAL Contract 2015

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's the problem. You settle with..."Well, it could be worse". That's why we fail every single time. Over and Over......

But seriously, what's your contingency plan post fire bombing? Management knows this, which is part of their leverage.

But seriously, what's your contingency plan post fire bombing? Management knows this, which is part of their leverage.

New careers. If scope is further relaxed, this career goes further in the toilet. You can have it. I'm not spending half the month and holidays away for the crap I've endured.

So, what's your "plan B" after torching? Wal-mart?

Yeah, because most pilots, if they're not flying, are only intellectually capable of working at Walmart....

If we lose our battle with scope, we may as well burn it down. We have the RJ's literally putting thousands of airline pilots either on the street or being massively underemployed at low 5 figure salaries at the bottom end. We have Aer Lingus at the top end threatening to do the same. I think for most "younger" guys who have 15-25 years left, they'd be better off starting over in a different career or another airline then getting squeezed by both ends with a resulting slow death which is what further losses in scope would do.

jonjuan..

grow some balls..
It's people like you that vote YES in fear of possibly being faced with a thought of strike and having to get a different job.. if that's what it takes, that's what it takes - burn it down..

Our CEO (and that's not including Tilton and all others from management) is making 15.5 million on this deal (1mil salary, 8.5mil long term, 4mil merger bonus..) and you're still working on concessionary contract that expired 2 years ago!!
grow some.. seriously, or you'll never get enywhere in this industry.

Last edited:
Yeah, because most pilots, if they're not flying, are only intellectually capable of working at Walmart....

If we lose our battle with scope, we may as well burn it down. We have the RJ's literally putting thousands of airline pilots either on the street or being massively underemployed at low 5 figure salaries at the bottom end. We have Aer Lingus at the top end threatening to do the same. I think for most "younger" guys who have 15-25 years left, they'd be better off starting over in a different career or another airline then getting squeezed by both ends with a resulting slow death which is what further losses in scope would do.

Said very well..!

TSA Alum Current Jetlinker

A pitchfork in one hand, a torch in the other.................waiting on the signal.

I'm tired of waiting to burn it down. I wish we could start right now. Another career if need be but I've worked to hard and earned to much to let be pissed away by a bunch of company guy yes voting weenies. Give me and everyone else what we have EARNED or else your worlds biggest airline will take the worlds biggest tumble.

If we lose our battle with scope, we may as well burn it down. We have the RJ's literally putting thousands of airline pilots either on the street or being massively underemployed .....QUOTE]

What qualifies someone to be worthy of the title 'airline pilot'? I'm qualified on an 85000 pound jet making six figures. Am I an 'airline pilot'?

Cheers,
Scott

Am I an 'airline pilot'?

Cheers,
Scott

Yes you can validate yourself as an airline pilot.

Most airline pilots doubt their abilities to do anything else and as a result are insecure resulting in their complete lack of appetite to stand up for themselves and others when needed.

Latest resources

Back