• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Bases by seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One of the best "deals" UNICAL offers the CAL guys is nice domciles.... Depending on CAL seniority a pilot could say "Hey honey instead of living in HOU/EWR... how does DEN, IAD, LA, SFO or SEA sound?

Seniority has its rights, perks.... and privileges!!
One thing HOU has is it's great cost of living which is probably 1/2 of each of the ual bases. This significantly increases cal's relative pay. can't imagine anyone entranched in Htown would want to move to sfo,iad, den, la, or sea. Of course, seniority prevails.

Force??? I'm sure many will leave as soon as DEN, ORD, SFO, IAD, and LAX are available to bid vacancies.

One thing HOU has is it's great cost of living which is probably 1/2 of each of the ual bases. .

That is because it is Houston, which is 1/3 of the reason I never applied to CAL when they started hiring (BTW, this decision will come back to bite me in the a$$.....HARD). The other two? EWR and CLE.

rr

I strongly recommend IAH, it's a wonderful base with mild temps and no mosquitoes. We have a very low crime rate and illegals are kicked out immediately. We have rolling hills and beautiful views of oil fields. If anyone needs any help getting set up here, come on down. You won't 'regret' it....promise.

How are the SFO 767/757 trips structured? Mainly domestic? Flights to Hawaii? LAX turns?

ALL domestic. Lots of Hawaii. Lots of transcons. Other crappy stuff mixed in.

LA turns every so often. Fair amount of equipment subs for broke dick airbuses.

I strongly recommend IAH, it's a wonderful base with mild temps and no mosquitoes. We have a very low crime rate and illegals are kicked out immediately. We have rolling hills and beautiful views of oil fields. You won't 'regret' it....promise.

That's some funny sh!t right there...

Wow...I'm surprised that SFO is/was junior. I guess it's the cost of living. ORD I can see and even IAD (cost of living) but I would not have guessed SFO being junior.

What kind of international flying/equipment do you guys have out of IAD?

Thanks to both posters for answering this question. Reason I'm so curious is that while we currently live in Houston, we're seriously contemplating moving back east and hence the reason for wanting to know the type of equipment that UAL has been flying out of that base.

We're actually considering moving to Raleigh and commuting to IAD but I would only want to commute to larger equipment flying international stuff.

Thanks again!

Knock yourself out . . . as soon as you have the seniority to hold that. 14 years longevity sounds about right.

Looking to find out how senior the United bases rank. I'm guessing IAD is one of the more junior bases but that is purely a guess.​

SEA has been the most senior UAL base for years. Then DEN, LAX, SFO, ORD, IAD.

SCR

Latest resources

Back