• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL app./no call for interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, I guess I'm retarded because I don't see how the numbers will add up to be the same. The first question they ask is for your total fixed wing time which, in my apparently incorrect view, means ALL flight time (PIC, SIC, non part 1 PIC etc.). In the questions that asked specifically for PIC and/or SIC time I only included time after my commercial and only as aircraft commander. Because of that the two numbers will never add up.

So here is the dilemma: Do I go in and change my total time to match up with the total of the other numbers and violate the (IMHO ridiculous) no update until 6 months rule? Or do I leave it alone and continue to watch other less qualified people get interviews.

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise but it its still frustrating. :confused:

Skeezer

Yep, same thing. Applied day one, never heard another thing. Started new e-mail account, reapplied (in case I made an error on the app somewhere), still no word. I do know of two from my company who got on, but both had relatives who currently work there.

And yea, I remember the scantron forms too! And yes, they were the biggest pain in the A$$.

Peace.

Rekks.

So here is the dilemma: Do I go in and change my total time to match up with the total of the other numbers and violate the (IMHO ridiculous) no update until 6 months rule? Or do I leave it alone and continue to watch other less qualified people get interviews.

I called HR the other day with this exact question. My times didn't match either and I'm sure that's why I didn't get called. The lady I talked to said it was okay to update every month and that the 6 months was to re-apply. I did not ask if it would kick me to the bottom of the pile or anything, but she was very nice to me and not upset that I called and bugged her or anything.

oops

Okay, just to clarify, the first paragraph of my previous response was actually supposed to be highlighted as a quote from Skeeter. Wasn't trying to take credit for anything he said.

Hey Cheat, thanks for the update. It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one thoroughly confused by the flight time breakdown. :)

Dunno about it all.....

I have lots of the right time, 3 degrees, no tickets, no crimes, know lots of UA folks, worked there for 7 years on the ground and all I have is the post-lasergrade "Thanks for applying" email and can't get an interview......darned puzzling.....

Maybe you didn't meet the LaserGrade criteria that UAL is looking for. There is a reason why they do those tests, they aren't a gimmie.

I think most of us having problems with our hours for united didn't even get to the laser grade invite. I got the "thanks for applying e-mail" but never got contacted further.

UA HR said....

no more interview invites till after the New Year. A bud called today....

Latest resources

Back