UAL app./no call for interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

2ndGenPSA

Applied the day UAL accepted apps, and still no word. Anyone else in this lonely boat? Maybe people from my airline have interviewed, and a couple have been hired, with similar experience.
Just curious...

I applied and got the interview, all 4 steps of it, but haven't heard a word since Chicago.

I interviewed over 2 weeks ago.

Anyone know how long it takes to get the answer? Also does the results come phone or mail? I was told that they "think" you get a phone call either way.

Anyone else heard anything recently?

I got the rejection via email 12 days after the interview. (August interview)

A guy who interviewed with me got the job offer the morning after the interview (it was an afternoon interview).

Applied day one, no call.

Friend applied when I did, interviewed a week ago got the job and starts in DEC.

UAL has applicant review boards every thursday. My wife received the call from the captain who interviewed me and asked my wife to pass me the message to call her [the captain] about good news. Of course, I called and was given the offer. From what is posted above, it seems the nod is from a phone call and the no-no is from an email.

Time line for me: applied when apps opened up. did the 4 steps prior to the interview in August. Interviewed 19 Sep and got the call 10 days later. I was told at the interview that I wouldn't hear anything because the review board was not meeting that week (21 Sep).

I had 1 internal app from a FO who had been on mil leave for the past 4 years so it wasn't from an "active" UAL pilot. I honestly don't know what the code is to get the call. At my interview, I was told that there were very few military pilots that had been interviewed. I am not making any conclusions based off that statement. It is just what I was told.

Good luck to all.

Yeah, same here. I applied the day it opened, made all the corrections they wanted and never got a nibble. I know I more than meet their req's. I even went so far as to call HR a few weeks ago. (figured at this point I had nothing to lose.) Still nothing.

I spoke to a recruiter at a job fair she looked at my hours (5000tt, 1500pic, 4000 turbine) and she stated that with my hours I should have gotten a call for an interview by now...since I hadn't she said that the most common errors is for the stated hours in the begginning of the app didn't add-up to the hours asked in the supplement and all of the hours i.e. your multi hours, single hours, jet hours, had to add up to what you listed as your total hours. She stated that if they didn't add up the computer kicks your app to the bottom of the pile. When I went online I double checked all of my hours and they were all correct. The computer would not let me get back into the supplement section to double check that. I have an interview with another airline coming up that i've been focusing on but once that is done I am going to try and get the UAL thing fixed.

good luck

Latest resources

Back