Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GroundHog said:
hyflyt,
Contact Bob Neil. He can answer all those questions for you. Do a people search on SkyNet Lite for Robert Neil to get his number at WHQ, or PM me and I'll get it to you.
Hog

He's out of the office until the 6th. I thought I had read on one of the threads where he (Bob) told someone that you're frozen, no matter what, but that "someone" was told different info from a domicile flight manager (in regard to ML)?! Nonetheless, it's all good news!

hyflyt560 said:
He's out of the office until the 6th. I thought I had read on one of the threads where he (Bob) told someone that you're frozen, no matter what, but that "someone" was told different info from a domicile flight manager (in regard to ML)?! Nonetheless, it's all good news!

Yea, I saw that on the other board after I posted to you. Post your question on the ALPA forum. You'll probably get an accurate response from somebody quicker over there, than on this board.
Hog

hyflyt560 said:

I'm curious to find out also.
There have been several threads on the UAL ALPA forum, with slightly different outcomes.
Problem is, for those of us that have to take a freeze, we haven't been senior enough to get a 767 on the vacancy bids. Perhaps we'll know in another month.
I'm tempted to hold out on mil leave until I can get a 767.

hyflyt560 said:
Got the letter today for the October 16 class. I'll be on military leave. Can someone tell me if I can have an equipment bid placed for me while I'm on ML? And, am I correct that I am not frozen in my seat until I start training, i.e. I won't be stuck in the 737/320 and will have the possibility to accept a 757/767 bid while on ML?

Hyflyt
May 22, 2000

Hyflyt,

Your recall training date is the start of your freeze. I'm assuming you've been out of the cockpit for more than three years, so you'll incur the freeze. In your recall package, you get the opportunity to bid for equipment that comes down for your class and will get awarded based on seniority. You can switch domiciles, but will have to wait for your freeze to end to bid new equipment.

G3G4G5

Is that date the one you report to HDQ for brain re-washing, or the date you begin at TK?

Also, as you remember your date for longevity was not your hire date but rather the month in which you finished initial training. In my case I was hired in November and finished on the 300 in February. I have three months of first year pay to go (I'm gonna need that half wing). Does that three months begin on my recall date or the date that I finish training (again)??

How do the recalls work? Obviously they start in seniority order and go down the list...and a percentage of numbers are bypassing. What happens when they get to the end of the list? Do they start at the top again?

Andy said:
I would expect United to fire up the new hire department and accept pilot applications sometime in 2007.

Wow!!!!

rumrunner300 said:
Is that date the one you report to HDQ for brain re-washing, or the date you begin at TK?

Also, as you remember your date for longevity was not your hire date but rather the month in which you finished initial training. In my case I was hired in November and finished on the 300 in February. I have three months of first year pay to go (I'm gonna need that half wing). Does that three months begin on my recall date or the date that I finish training (again)??

I'm not sure on the first question.

The three months begin on your recall date.

Latest resources

Back