• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL and USAir furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So go suck down some more .........crack a World of Warcraft mountain dew, ..........

It really isn't that good, so it is more of a punishment.

qrj8z9.jpg

Did both of these companies actually furlough pilots yet? If so, how many.

Did any America West pilots get furloughed? The ones hired around 2004?

Thanks,...

What rock have you been sleeping under?

Anyone remember back in the day...around '98 or so when FI had professionals instead of f*cking idiots?

Yeah, I do. But then, that was pre-economic meltdown, pre-9/11, and EVERYBODY was hiring with nobody on furlough. Not excusing it, but just trying to explain how those things have embittered many on FI.

What rock have you been sleeping under?

I guess my own world in Bentwater. I don't pay too much attention to the rest of the industry unfortunately, I just care about CAL. (I barely know what is going on here)

Sorry to hear of so many furloughs. How far back do the UAL ones go? I know someone hired in April 2000, would he be working or not?

Yeah, I do. But then, that was pre-economic meltdown, pre-9/11, and EVERYBODY was hiring with nobody on furlough. Not excusing it, but just trying to explain how those things have embittered many on FI.

I remember those days.... it's when I decided to chuck it all and pursue a career in aviation!

If I had known then what I know now.... still life isn't awful, just not what I had hoped financially. Everything else is better than I could have imagined.

What is wrong with it. I think making 6 figures is good for working 15 days per month, or less...

Not many make 6 figures these days.

How far down %-wise do the UAL furloughs go when it hits 1400? That's got to be like 25% or more.... freaking unreal.

UAL

I was hired 8/99 and will get the Ax this winter.

I did get 3 more Type Ratings from United since 2006.

Latest resources

Back