• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL and USAir furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For United MX at ORD, you need 89 seniority to still be on the property there. And yes that 89 is not a typo. 20 freaking years with a company and you're still the low man at the station. Good luck to all furloughed or soon to be.

UAL

I was hired 8/99 and will get the Ax this winter.

I did get 3 more Type Ratings from United since 2006.

Sorry to hear that, I did not know it was so bad there.

Unfortunately, 3 type ratings won't pay any bills. They are barely worth the paper written on.

Good luck

Not many make 6 figures these days.

How far down %-wise do the UAL furloughs go when it hits 1400? That's got to be like 25% or more.... freaking unreal.

How not? If you are at a major with a few years seniority you are probably making 100k+

How not? If you are at a major with a few years seniority you are probably making 100k+

Guess you are a 'rocket scientist' but was not a math major, so will help you out; go to APC (airline pilots central) and just do the simple math.

Then come back here and just admit it was a 'stupid statement.'

If you were truly serious.

For what its worth.

PD

Guess you are a 'rocket scientist' but was not a math major, so will help you out; go to APC (airline pilots central) and just do the simple math.

Then come back here and just admit it was a 'stupid statement.'

If you were truly serious.

For what its worth.

PD

Ok, it is simple math. $103 blended rate on 756 year 5. I got paid 920 hours last year. = 92000. Plus 12.75% B fund, which adds another $12000 or so.

$104k to me....... you are right moron, simple math.

Hahahahahahahahah! Pre-9/11 sure, but not now.

Hmmm.. I have friends hired in 2005 that made 100k plus last year.. and will this year too.

That is funny isn't it.

Here is something else funny. I jumpseated on UAL in 2000 with a newhire in the jumpseat next to me. 737-200 going from CMH to ORD. He was doing observation. He was the most arrogant a-hole. I wonder how arrogant he is now. He was ex-Chataqua

Sorry to UAL folks, but I do not want you guys/gals to drag us down in any potential merger. I want nothing to do with you. I think I speak for most CAL guys, especially the "scabs" I fly with in IAH....even though most are 87 hires and Frontier folks...

Latest resources

Back