UAL/Air Mike Guam Gig

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guam= "Give Up And Masturbate"....gives you an idea about the social scene

Do you guys lay over in Cairns? How long is the layover if you do? Any issues riding on a flight like that on days off?

Do you guys lay over in Cairns? How long is the layover if you do? Any issues riding on a flight like that on days off?

No layovers currently and doubt they are coming back. Flight usually has room and two 1st blocked for rest pilot should get you on if jumpseating. Unical Only goes there twice a week.

No layovers currently and doubt they are coming back. Flight usually has room and two 1st blocked for rest pilot should get you on if jumpseating. Unical Only goes there twice a week.
Thanks for the info. What kind of trips does Guam have otherwise? Lots of day trips? Any longer 4-days or anything? Would you be able to work days in a row in order to get days off in a row?

Sorry, but Guam flying will be fenced off to LUAL after SLI.

dahhmiittt. You just gave them some more ammo for their rebuttal in June. Not only do i get to yank gear for a currently furloughed pilot after he comes back in September when I lose my seat but now I can look forward to more sli concessions.

Thanks for the info. What kind of trips does Guam have otherwise? Lots of day trips? Any longer 4-days or anything? Would you be able to work days in a row in order to get days off in a row?

There's the Island Hopper that is either a 4 or 5 day with 48 or 72 in Hono. The Asia 5 day has layovers in NRT and SGN as well. Commuters prefer that thing with the new rig. Mostly GUM is day trips. The Japan stuff is great cause its all 8 hour turns during prime hours. There are also MNL/micronesia island turns that are all nighters. You can still stack your flying up fairly well so you can work two weeks on and be off two.

Oh but there are snakes and everyone out here is a dirty perv...

Nimtz, thanks that's really helpful info! Long commute but might be fun for a while and good deal for a year or two as a new hire.

"................................

Latest resources

Back