UAL 737 headset jack

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uhhhh,
We have seniority integration issues, Southwest taxi speeds, DAL wind check issues, not to mention arbitration award NICing.
Now get busy!

How many plugs do the UAL 737 headset jacks have? One or two? Thanks.
Two, but it will work using just one of them. Some of the headsets provided with the a/c have only one connector and it works the same as with two. Have always wondered why that is.

It's just a switch from using a 2 conductor plug for receiving and a 3 conductor for microphone to a single 3 conductor for both. The telex 5x5 is monaural so I think that's why it can be done.
I've never seen anyone with a full stereo headset and a mic plug into just using a 3 conductor plug.

Could be wrong. Won't be the first time. Won't be the last.

Last edited:
It's just a switch from using a 2 conductor plug for receiving and a 3 conductor for microphone to a single 3 conductor for both. The telex 5x5 is monaural so I think that's why it can be done.
I've never seen anyone with a full stereo headset and a mic plug into just using a 3 conductor plug.

Could be wrong. Won't be the first time. Won't be the last.

The standard issue headsets at Airways are Telex 750s (the 2 earpiece style ones). In all the Boeings, they just have a single plug, not the 2-plug version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

This is exactly why I'm happy I never applied to UAL. I always knew their headset jack issues would make the job more miserable than reserve at Mesa.

I always ask about headset jack plugs during an interview with a perspective airline.

The standard issue headsets at Airways are Telex 750s (the 2 earpiece style ones). In all the Boeings, they just have a single plug, not the 2-plug version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Where there you go. I'm going to use a lifeline and see if I can get an answer from a boeing. I am kinda curious as well now. Thanks

This is exactly why I'm happy I never applied to UAL. I always knew their headset jack issues would make the job more miserable than reserve at Mesa.

I always ask about headset jack plugs during an interview with a perspective airline.

Really, this has to be the dumbest response I've ever seen. Oh, and its prospective.

Latest resources

Back