Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flying Illini said:
Emp,
I just looked up where Uaaa is...jeez!! What airport are you flying out of? Can you do it non-stop? If so, how long of a flight would that be?
We will fly from KMMU "EMPTY" to Basel Switzerland spend the night then Basel to Macau then Macau to Taipei, to Narita, to Osaka, to Seoul, to Bejing, to Shanghai, back to Basel then "empty" back to KMMU. We will be on the road for 14 days.

Over New Years we get to go to Dar es Salaam out of Basel for 10 days.

At least they took UAAA out of the above trip but added Osaka. Our company is a Swiss company based in Basel. They have another Global there but it is only for the Chairman. Our Global supports the Swiss.......allot.

If you are really nice to dispatch they will stick you in the Lear and you can be home at night....As you can see from my above schedule I havent bought them a present lately.

Emp,
You mentioned that you (and crew I assume?) were mugged in Nairobi. Care to share any details? I'm not looking for a good story, just hoping to learn something about international travel. After all, the old saying is "learn from others mistakes because you won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

Does anybody else have any stories or lessons learned to share?

empenage said:
We will fly from KMMU "EMPTY" to Basel Switzerland spend the night then Basel to Macau then Macau to Taipei, to Narita, to Osaka, to Seoul, to Bejing, to Shanghai, back to Basel then "empty" back to KMMU. We will be on the road for 14 days.

Over New Years we get to go to Dar es Salaam out of Basel for 10 days.

At least they took UAAA out of the above trip but added Osaka. Our company is a Swiss company based in Basel. They have another Global there but it is only for the Chairman. Our Global supports the Swiss.......allot.

If you are really nice to dispatch they will stick you in the Lear and you can be home at night....As you can see from my above schedule I havent bought them a present lately.
Make sure you're able to keep LC awake!! Maybe he'll bring me back a present or two from the "Hub City".

LC is going to have to keep me awake.

Wait, thats what the egg timer is for. We have one F/A that checks the cockpit every 10 minutes after the 10th hour enroute. Dam he can cook too. Crab cakes, pot stickers, steak....anything you can think of.

empenage said:
LC is going to have to keep me awake.

Wait, thats what the egg timer is for. We have one F/A that checks the cockpit every 10 minutes after the 10th hour enroute. Dam he can cook too. Crab cakes, pot stickers, steak....anything you can think of.
Must be that Italian heritage he comes from!!! I just hope he's not wearing an apron! Or maybe I do?

Latest resources

Back