• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ua rfp

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This very moment you're absolutely right. Ten years down the road? No way. Looking at the retirement numbers in the next 10-15 years the majors could empty every regional seniority list and still not have enough.

My prediction is within 10 years the Majors will start to consistently hire pilots with no PIC time.

you assume that the airline will hire to replace current staffing levels pre-retirement. Perhaps they "shrink to profitability" on some level to not grow nearly as large and perhaps realize they are not too large to fail

Abernathy,

BH is aggressively pursuing flying for the 20 on a fee for departure basis. It is my understanding that the fee for departure fell through. However, in a few months someone will probably hear about new flying for UAL, but on an "at risk" or "shared risk" flying.

Sounds exactly like the 900 situation. Aggressively pursued it than it fell thru. Couple months later the 900s are announced allbeit at the loss of 20 200s.

I heard that United wanted CR7s. If that's the case, then our 20 spare CR2s won't do us a bit of good.

I heard that United wanted CR7s. If that's the case, then our 20 spare CR2s won't do us a bit of good.

The 200s are "dead men walking"...The only reason there are so many of them is because of the stupid scope language at the mainline...They drew a line at 50 seats...and we got hundreds of them....Bad move all around...

Don't know about that. UA seems to be fond of contracting with XJT for temporary UAX lift. While it's obvious they want more CRJ7s there not at the point of eliminating 50 seaters alltogether.

Asa and new flying yeah right we just put more guys on the street as sky west sits fat fat fat. We wont be properly staffed to take on new flying but sky west will have plenty of extra people and therefore be better aligned to staff new flying.

Don't know about that. UA seems to be fond of contracting with XJT for temporary UAX lift. While it's obvious they want more CRJ7s there not at the point of eliminating 50 seaters alltogether.

It was announced today that XJT will continue to fly for United this thanksgiving holiday. The United RFP awards will be announced this October.

It was announced today that XJT will continue to fly for United this thanksgiving holiday. The United RFP awards will be announced this October.

Could I ask you what your source is for this?

Latest resources

Back