Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xjt2cal

UA Bases

With the merger closing on Friday, I was wondering about Dulles as a base. Specifically, What aircraft are based there and what are the schedules like, seniority, ect. Also, is there any areas around Dulles that the pilots seem to gravitate towards? In exchange for the above info I will gladly tell you anything you want to know about Houston. Good luck everyone it's going to be a wild ride.

Thanks

Last edited:
Iad is a rather junior base with 320's, 757/767 and 777's based there. The 320's are domestic, (North America) 757/767 is 60/40 International/domestic and the 777 is 90 % International. Don't know much about the area.

With the merger closing on Friday, I was wondering about Dulles as a base. Specifically, What aircraft are based there and what are the schedules like, seniority, ect. Also, is there any areas around Dulles that the pilots seem to gravitate towards? In exchange for the above info I will gladly tell you anything you want to know about Houston. Good luck everyone it's going to be a wild ride.

Thanks

Wow. Make sure you get someone to help with the spelling on your domicile bid! Don't want to mess that one up!

Ok. You got it changed to Bases. Phew!

Yeah thanks as soon as I posted it I saw my mistake. It took me a while to figure out the edit function. At least at UAL all of your bases are okay, at CAL if you miss bid you may end up in Guam.

Yeah thanks as soon as I posted it I saw my mistake. It took me a while to figure out the edit function. At least at UAL all of your bases are okay, at CAL if you miss bid you may end up in Guam.

?? That's not true. If your standing bid does not change you cannot be displaced from your base unless the base is reduced and your seniority can no longer hold it. Aside from a reduction, you cannot be displaced by simply not updating your standing bid. I know guys that haven't changed their standing bid in years...

Latest resources

Back