• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U.S. government, two airlines say open to settling merger fight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What does the government want? All of Americans dc slots and what else? Don't tell me they need anything given up in ny. Why so delta can have more of a stranglehold on lga and jfk? What other cities are we talking about here?

USAIRWAYS to SELL PHX Training Center and PHX gates to Allegiant Airlines

Good luck West

This is irritating, to say the least. Divest slots in DCA?????? Has anyone realized that you will soon be able to take the DC Metro Silver Line to IAD? Who is going to grab up more LGA slots- DAL pretty much owns the place already. I have to give it to the DOJ- they've certainly done a fantastic job of manipulating the facts to suit their argument. They remind me of a skeezy used car salesman in a cheap suit.

Senators and congressmen riding subways, surely you jest. These silver spooned raised privileged characters will not hear of it as they will fight for N/S service to their home cities, no matter how small they are and it makes no difference that those slots could move more people on larger planes than the 50 seater's that clog up the air lanes.
DOJ is right on this one.

US gave the store away with the LGA-DCA slot swap with DL. 132 LGA slots for 42 DCA slots, whats wrong with this deal?
I want this to go to trial, too many mergers in the last few years and the DOJ finally has awakened. AA can compete just fine, its US that needs this merger as it brings very little to the table compared with AA.

You know Horton's stand-alone plan was furloughs and shrinkage, right?

Senators and congressmen riding subways, surely you jest. These silver spooned raised privileged characters will not hear of it as they will fight for N/S service to their home cities, no matter how small they are and it makes no difference that those slots could move more people on larger planes than the 50 seater's that clog up the air lanes.
DOJ is right on this one.

Lemme guess. Eagle guy?

US gave the store away with the LGA-DCA slot swap with DL. 132 LGA slots for 42 DCA slots, whats wrong with this deal?
I want this to go to trial, too many mergers in the last few years and the DOJ finally has awakened. AA can compete just fine, its US that needs this merger as it brings very little to the table compared with AA.

Well you better get ready then because it looks like it's going to happen and even the doj knows they are fighting a losing battle.

Lemme guess. Eagle guy?

Think he's Piedmont and PSA, I've been hearing a few regional guys pout about this merger because they might lose flying or not get a bigger rj or their flow might be delayed a little bit. This guy sounds like he's either bitter about the vote at psa or he's a lifer at Piedmont that is worried his shrinking dash 8 fleet won't be replaced.

Last edited:
Think he's Piedmont and PSA, I've been hearing a few regional guys pout about this merger because they might lose flying or not get a bigger rj or their flow might be delayed a little bit. This guy sounds like he's either bitter about the vote at psa or he's a lifer at Piedmont that is worried his shrinking dash 8 fleet won't be replaced.

I can't see his profile on my phone. I know some Eagle guys are pissy because it hurts their flow-through and AA seAAt they're entitled to.

I can't see his profile on my phone. I know some Eagle guys are pissy because it hurts their flow-through and AA seAAt they're entitled to.

It's looking like this thing is a pretty in the final stages of being completed. Some people are going to be mad (entitled flow-thru pilots and frequent fliers) but they are going to have to get over it and pay their dues like everyone else.

Cbrown,

I have to disagree. This thing is far from being settled. All depends on what Parker is willing to give up. If he doesn't want to give up what they are asking for, it's headed to trial.

This is irritating, to say the least. Divest slots in DCA?????? Has anyone realized that you will soon be able to take the DC Metro Silver Line to IAD? Who is going to grab up more LGA slots- DAL pretty much owns the place already. I have to give it to the DOJ- they've certainly done a fantastic job of manipulating the facts to suit their argument. They remind me of a skeezy used car salesman in a cheap suit.

You just described USAPA.

Cbrown,

I have to disagree. This thing is far from being settled. All depends on what Parker is willing to give up. If he doesn't want to give up what they are asking for, it's headed to trial.

Parker wants this more than anyone at either airline, I'm betting he will do what it takes to make sure it gets done.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back