• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U/AWA E190 flying => Arbitration?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, Rabble, what do you mean? Growth aircraft create vacancies which will be filled by recalls. The dispute is over how to allow AWA pilots to bid for the 190s which are all being flown on the USA ops certificate. Once the integration is complete normal seniority rules will apply.

Rabble said:
You guys could go a long way towards some goodwill by saying, "Aww heck, you guys have over one THOUSAND pilots on furlough -- go ahead and take the RJs. We can get some growth later on."

But we all know ALPA's motto don't we? "I've got mine. Screw you."

That was asinine Rabble. Who in their right mind would do something like that? Aw shucks, they might as well take our paychecks too considering the paycuts they've had to endure.

My question is why do we keep trying to appease those/you guys? The west side has strived to be fair during this whole process and all we get from the east is stonewalling and DOH bs. We need to start fighting for every seat we can get if we don't want to get steamrolled in this merger.

hey rabble, your screen name is quite accurate.

That 190 flying is flying the east would not have had if west had not stepped in. I'm not saying west was on their way to major profits in the near future but we were not in bankrupcy, east was and no one was tripping over themselves to loan you any more money. In fact east was just weeks away from not making payroll.

that being said, theses aircraft are growth for BOTH pilot groups that must be shared as per the TA. East is stalling to try to staff those planes due to no bump no flush. I just don't see that as a wise move for the future of BOTH pilot groups.

By the way, the EAST guys could spread some good will by ceasing to demand DOH which would staple 2/3 of the west pilot group. If any group needs to grow up and be reasonable it is EAST.

Doug Parker said:
Hey East guys -

All we should hear from your mouth is "THANK YOU"
"We", as in the AWA pilots, had nothing to do with saving anybody's job, hence we don't deserve anybody's thanks. Why must every airline have it's ten percent like you?

I think that the number of Captain positions that we the East pilots get between now and May07 the combined merger date the same number of Captain positions are awarded to the West pilots after the senority list and the certificate is one. Like guys have been saying they are going to have to go along way through the furlough list to find f/o to fly the 190.

Ar you suggesting East fill all the captain seats now and west guys can bid on them when the merger is done?

Yeah thats a fair deal, recall guys and put them in front of active pilots then allow west to bid the positions in a couple of years.. What about no bump no flush, what happens I for sone reason their is no growth ie age 65 changing? Not a fair deal especially in light of that fact that without AWA USair would not be here and certainly would not be getting growth aircraft.

The 190's are growth aircraft for BOTH pilot groups and should be shared 50/50.

I agree with you that the seats should be filled by east and west pilot groups equally.But Mr Parker our CEO purchased these Aircraft and said they were going to flown initally on the East certificate because we were already approved to fly the E170.If you know of an easy way for a West pilot to go to east indoc and training that is not even up and running.I just think that if we have 50 Captains on the east side bid the 190 then when we are all one which I think will be by next spring then 50 west guys get the next Captain slots. From what I am hearing around here not alot of our F/O are really intrested in bidding the 190 because of the trips that they plan on the 190.LGA-BOS-LGA-DCA-LGA-PHL. As for your statement without AWA USAir would not be here maybe true or maynot we will never know but what we do know is that we have to find away to make this airline work and kick SWest and JBlues ass and if we are going to be around another 30 years so you can retire on your A-330. I just want to make it another 13 years and maybe retire as a Captain or maybe still a junior reserve A-320 F/O.

Please enlighten me as to why East guys should get ALL the seats now? All you did was rehash you first post. Why should ANY AWA pilot have to give up his or her seniority to you or even better a furloughed guy? Is it because you had a raw deal in aviation by staying at uasir? Because you have some furloughed pilots? I feel for them no doubt, it hits alot closer to home than you might imagine. That being said who knows how many East FO's will take the 190 captain slots. If not many do then what? Give the slots to the furloughed guys? That makes sense. Why should a guy on the street get a captain slot that I or many of the other WEST pilots want.

If your only arguement is that East does not have indoc set up then please try another angle. It should not take more that a month to get an indoc program up and running. Like you said East is already set up for the 190 training. Indoc is easy.

And again there are no gurantees that we will be hiring for these airplanes in say a year or two. Why whould AWA pilots wait years for an opening on this flying, flying that they may be able to hold after the merger anyway? What if Parker decides that he wants to run the ops separate. He says he can do it. I don't believe it but he thinks he can. Remember no bump no flush? Age 65?

No disrespect intended but these are GOWTH aircraft that EAST and WEST DID NOT HAVE UNTIL THE MERGER. They need to be split NOW not later.

My definition of "finding a way to make this airline work" does not involve giving up my opportunities and chance to upgrade to another pilot group just cause they had a raw deal.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back