• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U/AWA - AA/TWA lesson

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it will be by an averge number of seats ie if you fly more big jets you can have more small jets, anyway it is a good start. AA and CAL just have to stay strong on Scope since everyone else caved.

Umm-- hijack

The rj problem won't get solved until the Majors and Regionals get together and work it out. That can't happen if there is not mutual respect... (BTW, most of us deplore stupidity like the RJDC- and we don't like flying bigger planes anymore than you do-- we're getting coerced into it-- just like you're getting coerced into giving up your scope)

Pilots are the stupidest smart people I've ever met. And immature- wow-- look at yourselves. Sometimes i think many of you would rather be the highest paid at $80k, than the lowest paid at a $100k. UNITY is the only thing that matters .... ACROSS THE BOARD. No matter the merger, Regional v. Major, furloughed or 1st year--- Every time we get selfish and piss on each other --- the corporate looters win. (ayn rand) Every time we allow one pilot young or old-- to work underpaid and with bad schedules- we all lose.

UNITY

UNITY

UNITY

We're all flying for below a market wage right now, and most of us aren't happy with the way our careers are set up.....We're doing it to ourself.... We know we need our unions- but why seniority at each company?-- Get a national list- and most of our infighting would be solved.

Umm-- hijack

The rj problem won't get solved until the Majors and Regionals get together and work it out. That can't happen if there is not mutual respect... (BTW, most of us deplore stupidity like the RJDC- and we don't like flying bigger planes anymore than you do-- we're getting coerced into it-- just like you're getting coerced into giving up your scope)

Pilots are the stupidest smart people I've ever met. And immature- wow-- look at yourselves. Sometimes i think many of you would rather be the highest paid at $80k, than the lowest paid at a $100k. UNITY is the only thing that matters .... ACROSS THE BOARD. No matter the merger, Regional v. Major, furloughed or 1st year--- Every time we get selfish and piss on each other --- the corporate looters win. (ayn rand) Every time we allow one pilot young or old-- to work underpaid and with bad schedules- we all lose.

UNITY

UNITY

UNITY

We're all flying for below a market wage right now, and most of us aren't happy with the way our careers are set up.....We're doing it to ourself.... We know we need our unions- but why seniority at each company?-- Get a national list- and most of our infighting would be solved.

Yea, unity between different pilot unions/MECs is a great thing, but the real point is what does it get you at the bargaining table. Past mistakes and foolishness don't count, only what you can get going forward. At AA for instance, AE ALPA has zero bargaining chips when it comes to trying to force AA to merge AE and AA. APA pilots have some in that they could give up working conditions and wages to make it economically viable, but we all know that ain't gonna happen. Just like a national seniority list would be a can of worms that the members of the ATA would certainly oppose. Nothing in it for them unless the pilots were willing to give a lot up in return.

Practically speaking, each MEC and pilot group is going to have to look after themselves. If you're a regional guy and you don't like the compensation, then vote it down at contract time and take it to self-help (as far as the Prez will let you anyway). But don't expect your affliated major MEC to fight the battle for you.

If you show up for work for a certain compensation, then that's what you're worth.

Last edited:
$125K/yr? It also raised my eyebrows. Top pay is for an 18 yr CRJ 700 CA @ $98/hr. For $125K, that'd be 1275 credit hours/yr; no easy feat. You'd have to be working all the time with no family life. And you're here talking about how great your QOL is?

There are MULTIPLE ways to get paid for flying you don't actually do, because we have 100% line guarantee.

Deliberately build a transition conflict - pay me.

Removal for 30/7 or 100 hour - pay me.

Time out (1000 hours) at end of year - pay me.

OT at 120% - pay me.

Removal of flying because of legality that I repeatedly re-pick up
when again legal (I've picked up the same turn 3 times as I've gone illegal/legal) - pay me.

*A 2.5 hour turn and got paid 7.5 hours = $720.00 for actually flying it once.

Trip trade with trip that's half the flying and build back up with OT to approximate origial sequence length - pay me.

These are just SOME of the ways to be paid for flying you never actually do.

I can make it work and still average 12 days off per month because I DO NOT COMMUTE. In fact, my lifestyle/time off is better than any commuter. I know of several CRJ captains that do IOE and have busted $140K.

Our 16-year piece of garbage has it's benefits. In fact, it's probably now one of the better regional contract out there. I don't make the rules, I just learn to play by them and take care of myself, as my company is certainly not trying to take care of me.

Last edited:
PLENTY of senior Eagle captains make that much (some more)...............couldn't care less what you believe.

I flew for Eagle from '93 til '98. Probably started there before you did. I have tons of friends that work there still. Instructors also. They don't make $140K/yr. To get paid $125k/yr, you probably have 8 days off a month. That is great QOL!!!!
The truth is that I don't care how much you make. What bothers me is you ragging on others with lies. You sound so stupid when you say you make just about as much as an 80 CA at AA. I'll quote, "His captain (TWA guy - who didn't make all that much more than me for 2.5 times as many seats) was even more disgruntled." You are such a moron...

I flew for Eagle from '93 til '98. Probably started there before you did. I have tons of friends that work there still. Instructors also. They don't make $140K/yr. To get paid $125k/yr, you probably have 8 days off a month. That is great QOL!!!!
The truth is that I don't care how much you make. What bothers me is you ragging on others with lies. You sound so stupid when you say you make just about as much as an 80 CA at AA. I'll quote, "His captain (TWA guy - who didn't make all that much more than me for 2.5 times as many seats) was even more disgruntled." You are such a moron...

Couldn't care less what you think.

If you were a new-hire in '93, you could only have been my F/O.

If you think I'm a liar.............tune me out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back