• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U-2 crash in Asia

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, he was. I think he was a TOW gunner in the USMC. He hasn't flown Gunships in over 10 years, but I heard a Gunship pilot less than a year ago mention that Muff was the best pilot he'd ever flown with. He could play the guitar, and his bench press was 360+ lbs.

Very sad indeed. My condolences to his family and fellow patriots.

I was a mech on black airplanes at B.A.F.B. 95903 in the early 80's.

My condolences, Huggy, and your brethren. We corresponded awhile back about my former roommate who flies the U2; I'm TDY in the Caribbean, saw a blurb on CNN and called his wife. My heart goes out to all of you, you never get used to it.

Huggy,

I'm sorry to hear about Muff, we contacted Ole right after we had heard about the crash. Didn't know who until just now. Condolences to the bros at the RW.

FastCargo

Thanks folks, for your words.
Yes, Bssthound, I do remember you.
FastCargo, and anyone else that cares, the funeral is tomorrow at 1000 in Dock 3 on the flightline. His wife wants a jet there, so we thought that would be perfect. Burial will follow in Gridley, just north of Yuba City, with a 4-ship of Black Talons overhead.
If you've got any pics of Muff, please email them to me or my work email. Even if he's just in the background. His wife wants anything we can get.
I'm giving a short eulogy tomorrow. Please pray that I can pull it off.

It's gonna be hard, no one will hold it against you if you gotta stop every now and then. I'm buring a friend in Arlington next week... always sucks. Condolences to all you guys that new him, and espeically his family.

Latest resources

Back