Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KigAir said:
Do U2s have ejection seats?

Yes, they do. There was an incident a few years ago where a U2 went down, but the pilot ejected. If I remember correctly, it was in Korea. Somebody please chime in with specifics.

yeah..hope everyone is ok. I was watching this unfold real time on the Classified IRC chat in our Command Post while working last night....was very upset and shocked when they posted the local military found the pilot.

The investigation is ongoing, and these things are really tight-lipped, as you already know. Combine that with the fact that it is taking place 12 time zones away, and you'll understand that even leaks are scarce. As of today, we still don't know if he ejected or not. Once it becomes known (and releasable), I'll update.
Muff was a top-notch guy. A former enlisted Marine, who flew Gunships prior to the U-2. He's been in The Program for a long time, and was a friend. He is missed.

U-2 Mishap

Huggyu2 said:
The investigation is ongoing, and these things are really tight-lipped, as you already know. Combine that with the fact that it is taking place 12 time zones away, and you'll understand that even leaks are scarce. As of today, we still don't know if he ejected or not. Once it becomes known (and releasable), I'll update.
Muff was a top-notch guy. A former enlisted Marine, who flew Gunships prior to the U-2. He's been in The Program for a long time, and was a friend. He is missed.

Sorry Huggy, I know the pilots in the U-2 Program are a tight community.

GV

Latest resources

Back