• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Typical NJI tour

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FYI - if NJA and NJI merge the NJI pilots will have the option of an 18 day schedule but not the 15.

DAY 5:

Pick up at hotel, 1030L.. drove through the countryside on a wonderful Sunday morning with a driver who loves Americans. Stopped to see the `angel of the north` (google that) and had coffee. Ferry flight to Farnsborough at noon. Left there at 1500L with two paxs to Bern, Switzerland...

Sidenote: Flight Attendant loves her crew, so she ordered cheery scones with clotted cream, fresh berries and jam with English Tea for us. Let me tell you, I was in heaven... that stuff is crazy gooood.

Configured acft 30 miles out at 200kts and flaps 20 at 14,000 (why you ask)... my brother told me its tight in there and high terrain is an issue... brother was right. Got fuel, closed the door, and blasted off for Zurich (20min ferry flight). Landed at 1930L (and laughed as FO taxied acft all over the airport looking for yellow truck that said ``follow me``... finished out the paperwork, post flight, and headed to the Hilton for a wonderful dinner buffett (I ate basically 2 loafs of bread because it is that gooood over here).

DAY 6: Nice coffee and yogurt while reading the paper, Going for a workout shortly because Ive gained 2 pounds on this trip. Then we are headed into town to see Zurich (never overnighted here) and have dinner tonight.

DAY 7: 0830L show for a 1030L Continental flight to KEWR... Im home in GSO at 1745L

Disclaimer: The events and persons protrayed in this post may or may not be real. No animals were harmed in the making of this post (except the ones eaten on dinner plates). Poster assumes no connection with NJI or any NJI affliated companies. The views and opinions of this post are the sole thoughts of the poster and may not represent the views or thoughts of any of the management staff of any company which the poster may or may not work for. The names and places of this post have been changed to protect the actual participants of this tour in accordance with all security proceedures prescribed by said posters employee.

Ultra Grump said:
They'll also have to stop reading magazines in the cockpit. ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Because its soooooo much more fun to smell your stinky breath and hear stories about your last flying job. ;)

NJI and NJA are two individual companies with different pilot groups (for a little longer) NJI only has 7 on 7 off oh and in response to your other post there is no consistency to the 18 day schedule at NJA. You could do 8 on 5 off, 4 on 3 off then do a 6 on 4 off. There are even two day trips sometimes. You will 99 percent of the time be gone those 18 days. I home reserve day is a rare treat
Ah yes, It would help if I payed attention to the title of this thread.. thanks!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Because its soooooo much more fun to smell your stinky breath and hear stories about your last flying job. ;)
Unfortunately, that's what we've been left with. No reading non-flight-related materials, no ipods, nothing. You'll have to get used to it.

We follow our FOM just fine ;)

I think when you're doing 9+ hr legs you follow the FOM even better. ;)

Latest resources

Back