Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Typical NetJets duty day and rest lengths?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry to keep bugging you guys but one more question: Does the fixed 18 day scedule mean that you are on duty for 18 days in a month with 12-13 days off depending on the month length? So it could be 6 on 3 off?

You are on duty for 18 days (usually, Im doing 16 this month for some reason not explained to me but this is not normal) but they are not in a row. It is usually some variant of 6 on 4 off 5 on 3 off 7 on rest of the month off.

You can be held out for 8 days once per quarter but I havent run into anyone who has actually had to do that yet. Anything less than 7 days requires 3 days off after it, 7 days requires 4 days off and if you do get stuck with an 8 day tour then you get 5 days off, minimum.

You are on duty for 18 days (usually, Im doing 16 this month for some reason not explained to me but this is not normal) but they are not in a row. It is usually some variant of 6 on 4 off 5 on 3 off 7 on rest of the month off.

You can be held out for 8 days once per quarter but I havent run into anyone who has actually had to do that yet. Anything less than 7 days requires 3 days off after it, 7 days requires 4 days off and if you do get stuck with an 8 day tour then you get 5 days off, minimum.

Quick correction, it is one 8 day tour per BID PERIOD, not quarter. We have 3 bid periods a year.

Wow, I have not met an 18 dayer that has not done an 8 day tour. Everyone I have asked got one.

Maybe it's just luck on my part, but I've been on the 18-day since the beginning of the IBB era and I've not had an 8-day tour yet.

I'm on one right now.

Latest resources

Back