Typical cost of a 135 certificate???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dillfer

Anyone know? I imagine they can probably vary a lot depending on different things. Don't really know much about it. Lookin for info.

Varies greatly based on type of a/c, authorizations, 10 or more seats, etc. All depends on the individual certificate. What type of operation are you looking at starting? The reason I ask our certificate is for sale.

You can't sell a certificate. You can sell the company that owns the certificate. That is a technicality but an important one. I know a company for sale that owns a 135 10 or more, 9 or less, world-wide ops specs and the price is 1 million. I looked at other companies and found various prices but none below 100,000 even for the 9 or less.

Last year, Global Jet Charters, owned by Aero Toy Store just handed theirs in to the FAA, I guess they didn't want the hastle, maybe liability, I don't know, Morris is a strange bird.

all the above is true. even if you did buy a company that held one, you would enter a qualfication process, let's just call it recertification if there weren't any ops in the prior 90 days.

this process alone would seem like the total certification done all over again.

if you have 20 million, you can buy Pace, a 121, a 145 repair station with continental as their biggest customer, DOD approved, Etops for 75,76 and has 73s running around.

you would simply have to pick out the paint color of the office if you bought the company, and then we'd get a new op spec with President name changed. This assumes that you wanted to be president.
I just used Pace as an example because we've been for sale ever since Brooks died, one of 5 original Hooters founders.

all the above is true. even if you did buy a company that held one, you would enter a qualfication process, let's just call it recertification if there weren't any ops in the prior 90 days.

this process alone would seem like the total certification done all over again.

if you have 20 million, you can buy Pace, a 121, a 145 repair station with continental as their biggest customer, DOD approved, Etops for 75,76 and has 73s running around.

you would simply have to pick out the paint color of the office if you bought the company, and then we'd get a new op spec with President name changed. This assumes that you wanted to be president.
I just used Pace as an example because we've been for sale ever since Brooks died, one of 5 original Hooters founders.

That sounds lie a bargain to me. I'll run by the bank at lunchtime today and get a certified check. I've always been a sucker for a 75/76 ETOPS cert. :D

But seriously ... why would anyone want to start a 135 op nowadays, Dillfer? Got too much money and need to unload some of it? You could give it to me. Then I wouldn't need to stop by the bank for that certified check.

Last edited:
You ask the cost, here is the answer. $0.00.

You march yourself down to the local FSDO. Apply for a single pilot certificate. Do paperwork yourself. Wait about 3 months. Get certificate. Fly for a 1/2 year and see if it might be viable. Then, apply for a basic certificate. Do paperwork yourself. Grow a bit there, then get full certificate.
That's what I did. Ended up with multiple aircraft, from 310's to King Airs. Total cost $0

Had both US and Canadian Certificates.
Took a bunch of years, but you have time,,right???

Hung

i did the basic and you're right. i spent "0" except for my time. learned alot...if a basic works for you, it's much quicker and gets you into the ballgame

Latest resources

Back