Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beechnut

Ndugu's Foster Dad
Any suggestions for getting the application typed? I don't think typewriters are sold anymore.

S.

Uh, it's an online application. What you used to type your post will probably work.

Professional = typed
Unprofessional = hand-written

When I interviewed w/ SWA, I couldn't believe how bad some of the other guys' application packages looked because they were hand-written...IN PENCIL!!! Go to the local secretariat--they'll type a blank application for you in 30 min--and it is worth every penny!

A local secretariat? I'll look in the phone book for that.

I guess I wasn't clear for some folks. I'm talking about the interview package that needs to be completed and turned in at the interview.

S.

I posted this a while back. You can go to the Adobe website and download a trial version of the latest Acrobat Standard. Acrobat Reader will not work. Acrobat Standard has a typewriter tool that will let you type directly on to the documents SWA emails. It really works slick. Good luck to all. This is a great company. Heard a rumor today in the training department that a major announcement is going to be made sometime in June. No other details were released. Stay tuned!

Jim

typewriter

Most local libraries still have typewriters available for public use. And since we are all cheap pilots, they allow you to use them for free.

Best wishes!

Look in the phone book under secretarial service. I made photo copies of the forms and hand wrote the answers on those, had the originals typed up for a few $ a page.

Go to the local secretariat--they'll type a blank application for you in 30 min--and it is worth every penny!

Wow! Now that's a real trick! A dead racing horse can type applications. I'd have though he'd have gone into studding after his racing career.:laugh:

I posted this a while back. You can go to the Adobe website and download a trial version of the latest Acrobat Standard. Acrobat Reader will not work. Acrobat Standard has a typewriter tool that will let you type directly on to the documents SWA emails. It really works slick. Good luck to all. This is a great company. Heard a rumor today in the training department that a major announcement is going to be made sometime in June. No other details were released. Stay tuned!

Jim

IT's the professional version. I did the same thing. It's only good for 30 days. Here is the link:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatpro/tryout.html?sdid=MRTE

Latest resources

Back