Type rating to operate MU-2?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gulfstream 200 said:
maybe...but "cargo rats" sometimes have gotten themselves into situations that a smart corp guy would have never exposed himself or his pax to. Thats what they get paid to do.

Its not about stick skills buddy, its about decision making.

funny after 10 years of flying corporate I have never found myself in one of your "tuff situations".

You're not fighting a war buddy, you're hauling cancelled checks.

:rolleyes:
Your right it is about decision making. But Stick and rudder skills come in handy when the automation goes south. But I guess I should be in aw of your 10 years of corporate experience. You must have seen everthing by now. I guess I have been wasting my time flying freight and corporate not to mention the boat loads of international experience I have on the B-747 Classics flying to and from war zones so dic heads like you can run around this great country of ours trying to impress everyone how great you are. Yep that's right I am not a check hauler put I usually don't advertise my experience to much. I don't like to brag about it. If you have been a Captain for many years and have not been in some tuff situations. I don't think I would want to fly with you. It is alot different when you get taxed in the "Real airplane" then just practicing emer/abnormals in the sim. Try not to put others down ok Buddy. Guys like you just piss me off! No wonder so many people think pilots are arseholes! ;)

Last edited:
Koslen said:
Your right it is about decision making. But Stick and rudder skills come in handy when the automation goes south. But I guess I should be in aw of your 10 years of corporate experience. You must have seen everthing by now. I guess I have been wasting my time flying freight and corporate not to mention the boat loads of international experience I have on the B-747 Classics flying to and from war zones so dic heads like you can run around this great country of ours trying to impress everyone how great you are. Yep that's right I am not a check hauler put I usually don't advertise my experience to much. I don't like to brag about it. If you have been a Captain for many years and have not been in some tuff situations. I don't think I would want to fly with you. It is alot different when you get taxed in the "Real airplane" then just practicing emer/abnormals in the sim. Try not to put others down ok Buddy. Guys like you just piss me off! No wonder so many people think pilots are arseholes! ;)

war zones? gee capt, maybe you need to get in another line of work, sounds like your job is $hit.....stop putting yourself in those "tuff situations" so when that "automation goes South" you can pull a Chuck Yeager and save the day with those stick and rudder skills (dodging SAMs?)...you're a bonafide freakin' HERO. -- wait....more likely a story telling old jackoff who gets off making up BS stories.

thanks for saving my country (?), let me get back to the sim now so I can be ready to get "taxed in the real airplane" (?)

"boat loads of Intl experience in 747 classics".....I love it. Someday I'll get out and experience all the danger the world has to offer...

:erm:

Last edited:
I guess I will have to change my profile to reflect my experience. Then maybe I wont have to get into a 'MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS" discussion. Here it goes

Airplanes flown: B-747 need I go on?

Hours: 10,000+ are you imprerssed yet?

Regions of the world flown: All of them! Wow im cool.

Hey gulfstream 200 I don't care if you would not hire me. Just lose the ego please. I am not impressed.

:beer:

Koslen said:
I guess I will have to change my profile to reflect my experience. Then maybe I wont have to get into a 'MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS" discussion. Here it goes

Airplanes flown: B-747 need I go on?

Hours: 10,000+ are you imprerssed yet?

Regions of the world flown: All of them! Wow im cool.

Hey gulfstream 200 I don't care if you would not hire me. Just lose the ego please. I am not impressed.

:beer:

"B747 need I go on"...

thats freakin' priceless.

Absolute crap! The cargo rats I have flown with over the years are much more capable in tuff situations then any corporate guys I have flown with.
by koslen
You sound like you are a very experienced pilot but by my previous years in 135 I really doubt the average training received by the freight operators is anything close to what I received at FSI (as a corporate pilot), this is just my perspective but with over 1000 hours in the machine I can assure you that it is a very safe aircraft, as capable as the pilot and the training received. Also the freighter mentality is generally a "get the job done" mentality, as a corporate and air ambulance operator our emphasis was on safety, how many freight operators send their mechs to school, not too many I would assume, most of the know it alls on the forum claiming how dangerous it is haven't even been in one. Please tell me how it is.

MU-2 Fun

Night Ops + Cheap/Fast Airplane+Unsavory Management+Young Inexperienced pilots that wants to please+ weather= A lot of dead pilots

I have 1000 hours in an MU-2 but I came out of T-38's...I talked to guys that flew Cobras in Vietnam and they said they were more afraid flying the MU-2.

You just have to train, train, train. And have the ability to tell your Boss "F" off when the wx is bad.

The MU-2 does make the Lear 35 look like a PA-32 though.

Squanto

Gulfstream 200 said:
"B747 need I go on"...

thats freakin' priceless.

See what happens, I leave you un-attended for five minutes and you just go and stick your foot in it, don't you!!!??? I love it. :pimp: :pimp:

Biatch.

Latest resources

Back